Contributor

"In the Garden with Carolyn" deserves better hours

Carolyn's garden show deserves much better hours than 7:00-10:00 eastern time. I realize on the east coast that is not too bad, but for other time zones that is real early. For many years Carolyn has been the main host of garden products, but this year they have not given her show the better times it deserves.  In fact, they have promoted "In the Garden Sandra" with much better hours.  I enjoy Sandra's show too, but don't like QVC disrespecting Carolyn's show.  It is her love for gardening that many of us look forward too watching. I like David a lot too, but on cooking days you wouldn't see him on the first shift of the day.  I can see they are scheduling Carolyn to fill a lot of Dan Hughes normal shifts, but other hosts can fill in too. 

Contributor

Re: "In the Garden with Carolyn" deserves better hours

I completely agree.  Carolyn is the best when it comes to gardening shows.  She has the knowledge and enthusiasm.  This should be promoted more by QVC.

Honored Contributor

I much prefer Carolyn's garden shows.  But what can you do?  QVC has elevated Sandra as a garden expert, complete with namesake apron.  So it appears she is going to have most of the garden shows now.

Change is change.  I even heard Carolyn in an earlier show, introduce herself as "QVC's Garden Guru, I think."  It was very telling to hear her say, "I think." Seems she wasn't necessarily clued in to Sandra's garden ascension this year. 

Honored Contributor

I do prefer Carolyn or Pat doing garden shows, their interest in gardening is real.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Carolyn is most credible when it comes to plants.  They can let Sandra sell garden decor, like the decorative garden animals that were just on TV  Remember the time Sandra was selling marigolds but showing carnations?

garden animal solar.PNG.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually got to see Carolyn's show yesterday!!  I'm only home (and awake!) between 4am - 9:30am each day, so it was a wonderful surprise to find Carolyn in the garden on my TV yesterday morning.   Loved it!    I hope it becomes a regular thing, but doubt that it will.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

7 - 10 PM Eastern IS Prime Time.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't find her gardening character to be at all credible.  To me.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I have reservations about Carolyn ever getting on her hands and knees ever touching dirt. I know she claims to be a gardener but I ??? That

Respected Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

I have reservations about Carolyn ever getting on her hands and knees ever touching dirt. I know she claims to be a gardener but I ??? That

How 'bout Sandra lol?