Honored Contributor

Re: "I'm So Excited To Be Here!"

@fthunt wrote:

When I hear host say. at 11 pm - I'm so happy to be here with you.............

I burp.........yeah, sure............

You'd rather be home on the couch in your PJ's. with a glass of wine

I've heard Pat be honest and say it's past my bedtime - or - on the sofa

(fake fake fake)

I used to say that at work but I wasn't a shopping host. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I am so excited to be here  so the Hosts  don't let me say a word abt the product I represent .

Respected Contributor

I also could be excited and happy about a item if I was being paid a nice wage.some hosts tell you,they've ordered every color.to have the funds to do this would be delightful but not on my budget

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like just another "company line" formatted phony sales speech. It seems they could come up with some original and just have some natural flowing conversation....🥱😴ZZZZZZ....its also a clue to grab the remote because the rest of the presentation will be something you already knew or figured out for yourself about the product.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Qvcmeow @PA Mom-mom I we’ll be so glad when that bed gets out of the living room because the two I mentioned above are lingering in the bed in a box (which is no longer in the box).

So.....I’ve missed what might have been an important part of the story line by fast forwarding ........naw!  Who am I kidding!  As s l o w (slow) as this show goes.......it will take more than a bed in a box together this story line moving again.

Esteemed Contributor

All the repeated phrases certainly get tiresome, so I understand the comments in this thread. However, if I were a sales rep on TV or anywhere else I was demonstrating a product, I'd certainly introduce myself as happy or excited to be there, and I'm sure there would be excessive enthusiasm about what I was selling to help show others that this is a product worth buying. I'm not saying the enthusiasm would be fake; it would simply have "the volume turned up" to convey all the benefits and positive associations with the product. That's how a sales demo works. And the majority of the reps I see on QVC seem genuinely excited about their jobs, so the expressions don't bother me.