Esteemed Contributor

"I'm So Excited To Be Here!"

Or, "I'm so excited about this!" I only watch Home/Garden/Kitchen shows, but each product rep starts his or her presentation with "I'm so excited." If you watch a whole day of QVC garden presentations, you get really tired of all the excitement! I'm not sure if they do this with the fashion or beauty categories; but can't they come up with something else? Couldn't they say, "Wow, this is such a great product!" or "Wait 'till you get a load of this?" Hahaha!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "I'm So Excited To Be Here!"

When I hear host say. at 11 pm - I'm so happy to be here with you.............

I burp.........yeah, sure............

You'd rather be home on the couch in your PJ's. with a glass of wine

I've heard Pat be honest and say it's past my bedtime - or - on the sofa

(fake fake fake)

Trusted Contributor

I am so tired of people complaining about the hosts. It makes no difference and does not solve your problem. If you are unhappy with what they are saying then mute your T.V. or watch something else.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

I am so tired of people complaining about the hosts. It makes no difference and does not solve your problem. If you are unhappy with what they are saying then mute your T.V. or watch something else.Smiley Happy

@RealtyGal2  It's not the hosts. It's the stilted language of the product reps. Couldn't they show some imagination? Are they required to say they are "excited?"

Honored Contributor

I could muster up some excitement if I was paid to do it!

Honored Contributor

Well in all fairness the human language only has a limited number of words to show excitement or tell you why ou absolutely need a bed in a box!

The writers on General Hospital must have seen QVC this weekend because one of the main characters on the show had a bed in a box in her living room.  Yep...she said she took it out of the box and it opened up...she couldn’t get it upstairs so she did what people on soaps do...she and a close friend tried the bed in a box out.

I assume it was comfortable because neither of them complained AFTER they tried it out.

Back to words used when describing an item that we need to purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Hahahaha!

Trusted Contributor

All hosts need to be handed a thesaurus.  And then they should use it.  

Regular Contributor

Annabelle, LOL!! I thought of QVC right away during that scene. Apparently, that bed, um, inflated quickly. No waiting around! Michael and Willow (Gh) should drag that bed to the Q mansion!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC's hosts and fans

"I'm So Excited" - Pointer Sisters...One of my favorites.

The Pointer Sisters-I,m So Excited-2002 - YouTube