Respected Contributor

Re: "Guaranteed Arrival By Christmas"

I ordered some leggings yesterday that were "free shipping", but paid $3.00 to get them by the 22nd. They shipped yesterday, and are now one state away from me, so we'll see if they arrive tomorrow. I'd like to wear them this weekend if they do arrive (and if they fit!!!), but it's not a real big deal if they don't.

I will, however, request that my shipping be refunded if they don't arrive as promised...I ordered 2 pair, so the total shipping was $6.00.

Honored Contributor

Every year... Every blessed year... I don't know why QVC and other retailers and customers do this to themselves... Retailers shouldn't make promises that are iffy and customers need to realize it isn't rocket science to figure that ordering late and being 'guarateed in-time delivery' doesn't really mean 'guaranteed'. If you need something for a gift to be given on Christmas Day then either order earlier or go out and buy it, then bring it home and wrap it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

The guarantee doesn't mean anything. They don't guarantee arrival or they will refund your shipping charges. It's just an empty promise with nothing to "make it right" should it not arrive in time.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Retailers have zero control over shipping.  This includes the mighty Amazon. I feel they perpetuate this myth so people will keep shopping, and let the chips fall where they may. 

Every year a lot of people believe them and are sorely disappointed.

I would like to see a PSA on this issue.

🐸Edited to change the font.

Honored Contributor

Good Luck!!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a philosophy item Sunday morning. it was not a Christmas gift so I really did not care if it arrived before Christmas or not, but it was delivered this morning.

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

Retailers have zero control over shipping.  This includes the mighty Amazon. I feel they perpetuate this myth so people will keep shopping, and let the chips fall where they may. 

Every year a lot of people believe them and are sorely disappointed.

I would like to see a PSA on this issue.

🐸Edited to change the font.

I can’t see blaming a retailer (ANY retailer) for what is common sense. No matter what anyone promises or guarantees, do the math and figure in weather, canceled cargo/mail flights, etc and how far you are from the shipping point, and think if it’s logically believable. 

There is no Package Fairy, even if someone insists that there is. Adults should know this. Adults should not be believing everything anyone promises them. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I ordered two items from QVC on the 17th and 18th, no extra charge for S&H.  They were both delivered today, along with another package from a different company.  All delivered by UPS.  Good job!

Occasional Contributor

I ordered a few things Sunday and Monday from Q and HSN and received everything today... But the Mrs Prindables I pre-ordered in Nov to be shipped this week to family never shipped.  Go figure!  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I ordered two items from QVC on the 17th and 18th, no extra charge for S&H.  They were both delivered today, along with another package from a different company.  All delivered by UPS.  Good job!

My QVC package ordered on the 17th (no extra charge) arrived via UPS at 9:05 pm last night. I think QVC does what it can, even upgrading shipping speed for no extra charge. But they shouldn’t logically be held responsible for weather delays or staffing issues not their own. I had written “can’t” logically be held responsible, but changed it to shouldn’t, as some people will blame them, regardless, tossing logic out the window and hoping the nonexistent Package Fairy takes care of it; if not, blame QVC 😜

Life without Mexican food is no life at all