Valued Contributor

"Clearance" Prices just for today?

I thought Clearance meant retiring and price is reduced until sold out. Today's programs are calling prices on clearance just for today. I am confused and Isaac looked confused too. Yes the prices are attractive- Shouldn't they be called featured prices or one day only prices?
Honored Contributor

Re: "Clearance" Prices just for today?

Shawn just said until 6 p.m. ET, so not even "on the day." 

Honored Contributor

I just caught 2 minutes at the end of Shawn's show and the beginning of the next one.  It did sound as if the prices weren't forever..

Honored Contributor

It's just the way QVC does things.....  "omg, half off but you gotta get it right now!!"

Yes, some great prices but no, I won't be hurried making up my mind, and if I lose the opportunity, so be it.....  Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

As I understand it the 50% off or more is on some already select clearance items.  When it is over those items will go back to their higher clearance price. 

Honored Contributor

It sounds like an experiment to see how much goes when they do this. If it really clears out a lot of inventory they'll

probably do it again periodically.

I only started paying attention halfway through the morning, and everything I was interested in sold out while I was still thinking about it or looking at reviews.

I hope they'll like what happened today & do it again. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

It's like a flash sale.  It doesn't end at 6pm.  It ends at the end of the day.  There was a similar sale last week with jewelry, but it lasted two days.

Respected Contributor

I am so tired of QVC's pricing games. Start with a reasonable price and then, in time, put something on sale or don't, but stop the playing around with pricing. I heard Sean (?) say today as I flipped by the channel that whatever she was showing would still be on sale tomorrow but at a higher price. I kept on flipping to another channel. It all seems desperate and it's not fun to watch. I do not respond to pressure like that because all it says to me is, "Help. Our products aren't selling." 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most of this is the same stuff featured in the same promotion a few weeks ago... and you know, most of this stuff was on sale for the same or similar prices even before that... Another 'smoke and mirrors' Q event... Honestly, they must think we're complete bone heads... I don't know, there's something sort of intrinsically misleading about the whole deal that drops QVC still a notch further in my book... Soon, there won't be any lower notches remaining for them to drop to...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Really I just want integrity in the use of so-called terms of pricing definitions. Buyer Beware.