Honored Contributor

It is kind of insulting for QVC to hope that any viewer would consider $5 off from a $60  original price a clearance!

Who in the world makes up these prices and terms like "clearance" that don't apply?

It just gets ridiculous. There is no V in QVC anymore.

Everytime I watch I just find another reason not to. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay     That is so funny because I also roll my eyes when they label something as clearance and the price is $5.00 less.   I don't know who they think they are fooling.  It's almost price fixing .   Many on here will say that they follow certain guidelines for pricing certain items, blah blah blah.........Let's just call it what it is, deceiving.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I totally agree! There used to be some bargains in the past when there was really a clearance item. Not its ridiculous..... And the Lunchtime Specials are not special anymore!

Esteemed Contributor

A "clearance" price simply indicates that an item is being "cleared out," usually because no additional inventory can be procured. At some brick-and-mortar retailers, the term "clearance" may also refer to an item that is being sold at a very low price due to potential or known defects, but at QVC and many other large retailers, it literally just means the item is being sold for the final time, so a marginally lower price rather than a deeply discounted price is not unusual.

Super Contributor
@loriqvc, however, QVC is the only retailer I’m aware of that will mark things as clearance and then RAISE the price back up to the QVC price. Shaking my head on that one.
Frequent Contributor

when they have clearance price it's so the limited quantity items they have can be sold.. or if there's items that will not be back on QVC.. as for the raising the prices if the product comes back and it is in full inventory then of course they'll have it at QVC price.. been that way for decades. as far as how much they mark off,well they used to mark down the prices alot better years ago.. but when the company was sold alot of stuff changed... including that I think.. I dont know... I do know their Quality is not what it used to be.. Example my 2 ct Diamonique Marquise Ring has LESS Band than my 1 ct Marquise Diamonique Ring.. Explain that one...