Regular Contributor

"Berkshire" Woman...

[ Edited ]

Does anyone else feel creepy watching this lady on air?  She's always petting her blankets constantly during the entire presentation(s).  She just gives me the creepy crawlies.

I have tried their throws/blankets before and they are very thin and not large enough.  I think they are overhyped!

Edited:  Corrected spelling of company name.  That's what happens when I type too fast!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: "Birkshire" Woman...

[ Edited ]

I can see what you mean, but I'm sure QVC trains vendors/hosts to do all that "petting" as they all do it when showing sheets, throws, even some clothing...to let people try to imagine how cozy, soft things are when all they have is the tv screen to portray it. It does get weird and nerve-wracking when any of them do it too much...which they all do, because...as I said...they are probably told to.

As for the blankets themselves...I think they are overhyped, overpriced, and marketed to those that might "like a theme" (ie. Peanuts, Christmas & Halloween motifs etc)...that's their market...and people with kids, maybe? 

As for me I got one of my favorite ever throws last year from Kohl's online, it's a Cuddle Duds..great sale price, cozy, warm yet lightweight. Also have gotten throws I like at great sale prices from Macy's-Charter Club. And I have a Lug Cuddle throw...though I'm not a fan of all their prints, I have one of the older ones that is more subtle/neutral print...they are very soft and larger.

I also see such wonderful options at HomeGoods and Marshalls (including Berkshire) for great prices. So I never even look at Berkshire on Q.

Valued Contributor

@Drewps5co0tt  I know exactly what you mean.  It gives me the heebie jeebies when she strokes the blankets.  Ugh!  

Honored Contributor

NO

Don't feel creepy at all!  Silly!

How else is she supposed to demonstrate their softness?

Disagree totally with everything you posted.  Gosh, the ones I have are NOT thin at all!  Cozy, comfy and some I have could fit a bed!

I have a LOT of Berkshire blankets of ALL different sizes.

They clearly state the size, demo the size usually on air, and the size is listed online so you should know what you are buying.

Respected Contributor

Doesn't bother me, I love my Berkshire blankets and usually get a new throw every year or so. I'm guessing she's just trying to show how soft it is, not sure how else she could do it. I've given Berkshire blankets to family members as Christmas presents and they always comment afterwards how soft & cushy they are. I did get a sheet set a couple months ago when our weather was taking a turn and noticed they weren't as thick as usual. I've tried other brands, received as gifts, and they're all soft so I wouldn't say Berkshire is the best, it's just convenient for me to purchase online knowing what quality to expect. 

Honored Contributor

Re: "Birkshire" Woman...

[ Edited ]

No I don't find anything unsual about "petting" the Berkshire throws.  This has never crossed my mind.  However, I do own several Berkshire throws and they are loved by my grandchildren and doggies - and me, too. 

No complaints here.

Honored Contributor

I have watched her over the years.  I don't find her demos to be creepy.  I don't want to assume or suggest anything here, but I noticed she may have experienced some health issues.  I have noticed this change over the last few years.  

As for the blankets, I have purchased and own a dozen or more.  A couple are thinner than others but I am happy with the ones I own.  My issue is with the way the blankets are sewn.  You can't fold it evenly and it drives me nuts.  I don't understand why they are not sewn together properly.  The quality has gone downhill in that respect.

Honored Contributor

@Drewps5co0tt FYI it's Berkshire.  

Trusted Contributor

I noticed she was on a lot this past holiday season.  As a vendor, she doesn't add a whole lot to the presentations.  I notice the hosts do all of the work, and she just adds a word or the same phrase over and over again.   And those blankets or throws, whatever they are, don't interest me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Drewps5co0tt wrote:

Does anyone else feel creepy watching this lady on air?  She's always petting her blankets constantly during the entire presentation(s).  She just gives me the creepy crawlies.

I have tried their throws/blankets before and they are very thin and not large enough.  I think they are overhyped!

@Drewps5co0tt I have a few of their blankets and I think they are very  nice.  But I agree that she seems creepy.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead