Honored Contributor

"BIG FIND" VENDOR SIMILAR ITEM TO LONG TIME VENDOR

[ Edited ]

First let me preference this saying.... I am not a regular purchaser of Quacker Factory....but do buy an occasional piece mostly a christmas t-shirt or an occasional top ....and I also own a pair of their capri pants....  I know that Quacker Factory has been tweaking their line to make it more sophisiticated and rather than offering just a blingy motif on a t-shirt.... Having said all that to say this--- I think it was a slap in the face what I saw today to Quacker Factor. QF who has been virtually unseen recently and even removed from Q2. So what does QVC do...they showcase a "Big Find" vendor  "The Muses Closet" brand new item today on AM Style. They basically offered an item in a similar style to QF that in my opinion looked like a poor imitation, at a much higher price!!!!  ...... Anyway, thought that was a bit interesting.....why would QVC chose that item after ignoring a long time vendor's style. Also am concerned about the quality....(the camera close-up showed it , compare how QF sets rhinestones in their garments--I want to see how this jacket's stones hold up --website says machine wash tumble dry) ... But then again, look what they did to the quality line of Linea---kicked him to the curb...Gee and recent financial results continue to show apparel is down and likely to continue to decline as Qurate continues with poor decisions such as getting rid of quality vendors, or instead of something different they offer an item similar to a long time vendor's line at a higher price...Woman Frustrated Where's the quality and variety in apparel these days??. ..Thanks for letting me vent! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC'S CHOICE OF "BIG FIND" VENDOR!!!!

@Spurt 

And made from "scuba knit"??

From Fabric dot com"

Scuba knit is a lofty double knit fabric of finely spun polyester fibers that create a super smooth hand, low luster sheen and a full-bodied drape. With 40% stretch across the grain and 10% vertical stretch, this unique knit is perfect for creating knit dresses, structured knit apparel, form fitting apparel, skirts, pants, unconstructed jackets and heavier tops.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Designers have used scuba knit for decades.  It's a very common knit.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Spurt 

From Fabric dot com"

Scuba knit is a lofty double knit fabric of finely spun polyester fibers that create a super smooth hand, low luster sheen and a full-bodied drape. With 40% stretch across the grain and 10% vertical stretch, this unique knit is perfect for creating knit dresses, structured knit apparel, form fitting apparel, skirts, pants, unconstructed jackets and heavier tops.

@KingstonsMom 

Although nostalgia may work with classic movies and TV and home furnishings styles, the "sheen" of the scuba knit, reminds me of the 70's shiny fabrics many of us were so happy to get rid of....... and the form fitting will work great as Q's stylist SQUEEZE the models into this scuba knit.....can't wait to see more...🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Spurt 

From Fabric dot com"

@KingstonsMom 

Although nostalgia may work with classic movies and TV and home furnishings styles, the "sheen" of the scuba knit, reminds me of the 70's shiny fabrics many of us were so happy to get rid of....... and the form fitting will work great as Q's stylist SQUEEZE the models into this scuba knit.....can't wait to see more...🙄

@Spurt 

LOL! And we'll probably be seeing a whole lot 'more' of the models than we want to!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Spurt 

From Fabric dot com"

@KingstonsMom 

@Spurt 

LOL! And we'll probably be seeing a whole lot 'more' of the models than we want to!

@KingstonsMom 

🤣🤣🤣

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

First let me preference this saying.... I am not a regular purchaser of Quacker Factory....but do buy an occasional piece mostly a couple of christmas t-shirts or an occasional top ....and one pair of capri pants....  I know that Quacker Factory has been tweaking their line to make it more sophisiticated and rather than offering just a huge blingy motify on a t-shirt.... Having said all that to say this--- I think it was a slap in the face what I saw today to Quacker Factor. QF who has been virtually unseen recently and even removed from Q2. So what does QVC do...they showcase a new "Big Find" vendor  "Three Muses" shown today on AM Style. They basically offered a similar style to QF that was a very poor imitation, at a much higher price!!!!  ...... Anyway, thought that was a bit interesting.....why would QVC chose that vendor and ignore a long time one for one of inferior quality (the camera close-up showed it all) ... But then again, look what they did to Linea---kicked him to the curb...Gee and recent financial results continue to show apparel is down and likely to continue to decline as Qurate continues with poor decisions....🙄...Woman Frustrated  Thanks for letting me vent! 

The line is "The Muses" and other than the item that was shown this morning, I see no resemblance to QF in the other pieces. The reviews seem to be good.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

"BIG FIND" VENDOR SIMILAR TO LONG TIME VENDOR

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

First let me preference this saying.... I am not a regular purchaser of Quacker Factory....but do buy an occasional piece mostly a couple of christmas t-shirts or an occasional top ....and one pair of capri pants....  I know that Quacker Factory has been tweaking their line to make it more sophisiticated and rather than offering just a huge blingy motify on a t-shirt.... Having said all that to say this--- I think it was a slap in the face what I saw today to Quacker Factor. QF who has been virtually unseen recently and even removed from Q2. So what does QVC do...they showcase a new "Big Find" vendor  "Three Muses" shown today on AM Style. They basically offered a similar style to QF that was a very poor imitation, at a much higher price!!!!  ...... Anyway, thought that was a bit interesting.....why would QVC chose that vendor and ignore a long time one for one of inferior quality (the camera close-up showed it all) ... But then again, look what they did to Linea---kicked him to the curb...Gee and recent financial results continue to show apparel is down and likely to continue to decline as Qurate continues with poor decisions....🙄...Woman Frustrated  Thanks for letting me vent! 

The line is "The Muses" and other than the item that was shown this morning, I see no resemblance to QF in the other pieces. The reviews seem to be good.

Thanks for setting me straight on the name, got a bit mixed up with another local boutique retailer here with a similiar name-- I corrected my original post. This jacket  was QVC's choice for an AM Style debut of a brand new item for this clothing line which does harken back to the QF style. I'm concerned, while the stones may have been hand-sewn, they looked a bit moveable as Leah showcased them ....It will be interesting to read reviews on this item and how they withstand washing and drying with no special care required........interesting....