Honored Contributor

Is there any quality control over these items?  In the past, I ordered 2 pair of As Is shoes that were perfectly fine.  Then I ordered a pair of suede shoes As Is and when they arrived I did not want to touch them.  They were filthy dirty and I am not exaggerating.  It was rather disgusting and then I had to pay for the return shipping because the Q does not pay for return shipping on As Is items.  Retail stores would never sell a product in this condition. Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Well Q should refund shipping on those shoes if they are as nasty as you say. I would call them about it.

Honored Contributor

Re: "As Is" Products

[ Edited ]

Nightowlz , I did call and was told by CS that they will not pay return shipping. Live and Learn.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Nightowlz , I did call and was told by CS that they will not pay return shipping. Live and Learn.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1 Well that's terrible IMO. As is is one thing but sending out dirty nasty shoes. If they are going to do that it should be listed in the item description.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Katcat1, I am so sorry that happened, although As Is products may not be in original condition they should not be dirty. If you send the Order Number to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com we will be happy to look into this for you.

Esteemed Contributor

I have ordered many "as is" items and they were OK.  This week I ordered a Quacker item and the pants had 2 holes cut through both front and back of leg, folded.  I put a drinking straw through the holes and returned them as "defective!"  Think they will agree?

This is the first time I have been disappointed with "as is"

Respected Contributor

The Q does pay for return shipping on "as-is" items if they are defective, and I would consider receiving dirty shoes to be in this category. I ordered the set of Bethlehem Lights fairy lights"as-is"  and out of the 3 I received 1 pair didn't work. I called CS and was told to mark them defective and send them back using the Q return label - no charge.

Regular Contributor

Thank you Alice the Moderator for your response to her~!  

I never had a problem returning my As-Is if they were in "not acceptable" condition.   That is why I continue to order from the Q~!

Honored Contributor

@Zhills  If you haven't sent them back yet, I'd for sure incluse a big note about them being defective so they REALLY see it.

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Zhills  If you haven't sent them back yet, I'd for sure incluse a big note about them being defective so they REALLY see it.

I did write a big note....you sent these to a customer..shame,....

I also put a drinking straw in one hole and out the other. 

The sad thing is that the people  who open returns are not the ones who send them out.  They will probably just ignore it!