Honored Contributor

question about deleted comments

I was wondering why some comments when they get deleted in a thread say the reason, like unkind. But some are just gone with nothing said. Why is this? Just curious. Thank you.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Re: question about deleted comments

@CherryHugs

It's a mystery! 

Trusted Contributor

Don't think the moderators owe an explanation.  They do their job and that is that.  Also less attention, by not providing a explanation, is probably best.

Esteemed Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

I was wondering why some comments when they get deleted in a thread say the reason, like unkind. But some are just gone with nothing said. Why is this? Just curious. Thank you.

IMO and I am just guessing, if they see a thread that is going in the wrong direction , it is easier to just get rid of it.

Respected Contributor

A thread deleted for being controversial almost always annoys me because what is one person's controversy is another's legitimate concerns worthy of discussion which can happen without posters being unkind. 

We are not Stepford Wives, we think and live in a world of reality, or at least most of us do.  If everyone would avoid being "political" or "unkind" we could post about whatever is going on that stirs serious thought. 

Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs Are you asking because you see posts deleted by mods with no reason offered? A poster can delete their own post and it just disappears and there is no notice; I am not sure if you can do this if the post is quoted or hearted.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley - these are posts deleted by mods. I’ve noticed too.
Esteemed Contributor

The OP asks a perfectly valid, reasonable question and the snippiness sprouts i.e.:

"These are Q's boards and they can do whatever they want."

We know, thank you.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:
@SunValley- these are posts deleted by mods. I’ve noticed too.

@San Antonio Gal Thank you; I wasn’t sure. Hate it when a good discussion gets going and then posts disappear. I can understand deleting personal attacks, but I think we can overlook a few posts that go off topic and resume the conversation. That’s how face to face conversations ramble on too. 

Honored Contributor

Image result for magic 8 ball animated gif