Trusted Contributor

question about arrrrrgan oil

my apologies to the ladies who are annoyed when they hear her say it like that but I couldn't resist! 

anyway, I have combination skin. from the first day I ever tried argan oil, I broke out on a daily basis and that's no exaggeration. big, painful pimples. it was the only product I was using at the time, so I know for sure that that was the culprit. I used it for a month before throwing it away. 

has anyone else had this experience? if yes, what works for you now?

thanx in advance for all replies!

Respected Contributor

Re: question about arrrrrgan oil

I also broke out from using it. It didn't seem to bother my arms, but I simply could not use it on my face.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry it happened to you too Smiley Sad 

what moisturizer works for you, if you don't mind.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't use this on my face but every where else on my bodyand it's fine. I can't believe the difference in my skin that the body butter has made.

I have very dry, sensitive skin with a ton of allergies. I have found that Dr.Denese products work best for my face. I use her day cream and/or dream cream as my moisturizer. I also use her wrinkle line for my night time face and neck.

Respected Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

I'm sorry it happened to you too Smiley Sad 

what moisturizer works for you, if you don't mind.

I've used Hydron products for years, but recently started using Perricone Hypoallergenic line.  I have hyper sensitive skin and roacea and I really like these products.  Pricey, but I've been using them since June and I still have about 1/2 left.  You only use the teeniest amount of moisturizer, less than you can even imagine.

Trusted Contributor

redconvertiblegirl, thanx! I'll look into that Smiley Happy