Trusted Contributor

Re: 'quality assuarance' and Affinty rep sorely lacking

I ONLY buy jewelry from a REPUTABLE jewelry store where I can SEE what I'm buying. OBVIOUSLY, it's NOT a GOOD odea to buy jewelry from a shopping channel. Affinity jewelry is OVERPRICED and NOT high quality.

Honored Contributor

I would not have purchased after reading those reviews.  If you take the chance and you're not happy with it, then I would not blame the vendor.  You read reviews and ordered despite what they said so it's on you for making the choice.  

Respected Contributor

The Affinity line went downhill after Michael left. It is overpriced.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I would not have purchased after reading those reviews.  If you take the chance and you're not happy with it, then I would not blame the vendor.  You read reviews and ordered despite what they said so it's on you for making the choice.  

You are wrong and you are judgemental. I hoped the negative reviews were not the norm. The bracelet was presented again showing a rich golden brown color. My bracelet didn't come close to that color. QVC and the vendor ( " quality assurance" ??) are completely at fault misrepresenting what they are selling. If they don't know the quality of their inventory, then don't have that the first selling point in your brand name. 

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

doesn't look like citrine which I think is more yellows, this looks like brown topaz

That is indeed the color of the bracelet presented on air. It was routinely described as a rich, golden cognac color which I love. Not close to the dull citrine I received.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant   If you want consistency and guaranteed color, buy a manufactured product like a yellow CZ made in a factory, all exactly alike.  There's a natural variation in gemstones and citrine can be any shade of yellow.  Naturally, they're going to pick the prettiest of thousands to be on-air samples.  What would you do if you were selling on TV?

I have returned dozens of Jay King's opaque gemstones for the same reason.  The only reason Sleeping Beauty turquoise was so popular with TV sales was its color consistency.  It's otherwise very poor quality but nobody returned it because what they got looked like what they saw on TV.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have always thought that Affinity was priced high for the quality of the diamonds.  I'm not sure why they tout the mediocre color and clarity. Not to mention the Q's amazing ability to carve into the metal to make it as lightweight as humanly possible.  The pieces are never worth their price.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

You are wrong and you are judgemental. I hoped the negative reviews were not the norm. The bracelet was presented again showing a rich golden brown color. My bracelet didn't come close to that color. QVC and the vendor ( " quality assurance" ??) are completely at fault misrepresenting what they are selling. If they don't know the quality of their inventory, then don't have that the first selling point in your brand name. 

Well we probably have all been guilty of that now and then.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ellaphant   If you want consistency and guaranteed color, buy a manufactured product like a yellow CZ made in a factory, all exactly alike.  There's a natural variation in gemstones and citrine can be any shade of yellow.  Naturally, they're going to pick the prettiest of thousands to be on-air samples.  What would you do if you were selling on TV?

I have returned dozens of Jay King's opaque gemstones for the same reason.  The only reason Sleeping Beauty turquoise was so popular with TV sales was its color consistency.  It's otherwise very poor quality but nobody returned it because what they got looked like what they saw on TV.

I bought a LOT of gemstone jewelry back in the day. Never had a problem. This was an oversized 18 CT tennis bracelet. Color wasn't even close...QVC should stop blabbing

about quality assurance and matching gemstone color.

Michelle Lau should pay attention to the complaints on this bracelet 

and have inventory checked - yeah, right. 

Honored Contributor

20 years ago, Affinity was a half decent diamond. Not anymore. You can easily see the cloudiness on tv and online. Better diamonds in gold can be found elsewhere for lower prices.

I can spot CZ a mile away. 

For me, I love moissanite. A couple of my pieces are 20+ years old and still sparkle and shine like new.