Respected Contributor

'quality assuarance' and Affinty rep sorely lacking

I had been eyeing J354025 in the citrine color- presented on air as a 'cognac' color - a beautiful golden brown color- but at just under $300 I passed. . On the last Gem day it was reduced to $179 and even though I saw several reviews that said the color was not as presented I purchased the bracelet. I should have listened to the reviews as the color was nothing like the bracelet shown on air. It was a lackluster citine that barely sparkled. I sent a message to Michelle Lau, the Affinity rep and told her  the bracelt I received was not close to the color of the bracelet on air. She replied 'I'm sorry you are disappointed."

I have scaled way back in my Q purchasing as the clothing at the Q is no longer appealing to me and I find better prices on other items elsewhere. Another extremely poor Q shopping experience- terrible misrepresenting what you are selling.

Regular Contributor

Re: 'quality assuarance' and Affinty rep sorely lacking

Michele is an employee of QVC and has no say in the quality of any jewelry item.

Honored Contributor

@THETOT wrote:

Michele is an employee of QVC and has no say in the quality of any jewelry item.

@ellaphant    QVC has a department called Customer Service, which is where you should have taken your complaint.  What did you expect Michelle Lau to say?  You can of course return the bracelet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@THETOT wrote:

She reps the AFFINITY brand of diamonds and gemstones. I'd think shed like to know that customers are not receiving what she's selling/repping. 

Yes, I contacted CS and got a full refund.

Cheap tactics.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@THETOT wrote:

@ellaphant    QVC has a department called Customer Service, which is where you should have taken your complaint.  What did you expect Michelle Lau to say?  You can of course return the bracelet.

Yes, Ms. Know it all, of course I contacted CS.

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I had been eyeing J354025 in the citrine color- presented on air as a 'cognac' color - a beautiful golden brown color- but at just under $300 I passed. . On the last Gem day it was reduced to $179 and even though I saw several reviews that said the color was not as presented I purchased the bracelet. I should have listened to the reviews as the color was nothing like the bracelet shown on air. It was a lackluster citine that barely sparkled. I sent a message to Michelle Lau, the Affinity rep and told her  the bracelt I received was not close to the color of the bracelet on air. She replied 'I'm sorry you are disappointed."

I have scaled way back in my Q purchasing as the clothing at the Q is no longer appealing to me and I find better prices on other items elsewhere. Another extremely poor Q shopping experience- terrible misrepresenting what you are selling.

You did the right thing letting her know. @ellaphant  She is the rep, and she should know what people are experiencing when they order. I would think she would bring it to the attention of the powers that be.

Let QVC know as well.

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant  Sorry for your frustration w/this purchase; I wouldn't b happy either. 

Not w/jewelry but w/other items shown on the Q I think it's the lighting that is sometimes deceptive as what I see/am shown is not the same as what I receive.

Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

she is just a product rep for the company, not sure what else she can say.  
I think buying gemstones on TV is a gamble you just don't know what you will . 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

doesn't look like citrine which I think is more yellows, this looks like brown topaz