Respected Contributor

I turn the channel when they take a call and sometimes I forget to turn back... Oh well, not much I'm missing. I love when Rick is hosting and they take a call. No one can get a caller off the line faster than Rick. 

Honored Contributor

Re: phone calls

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99wrote:

My husband was watching a little Q with me the other day when they took a call. My husband could not believe the conversation, he said"this is a set up right, they are kidding". No not kidding, this goes on all the time, he got up and left.

@blackhole99

Believe it ...those are legit calls, they aren't set ups those are members of QVC's "fan club" they think of the hosts as "friends" and Q as "as part of their family"......You can find them on the Forums defending the hosts and the Q tooth and nail!!! .....Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

There are a few I feel sad for...you can tell they are lonely....but there are some that seem to just like the sound of their own voice over the air waves....and the more time they spend buttering up the host, the more air time they seem to get......Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@SpurtI hear you, but my husband doesn't watch QVC and he couldn't believe people would talk such nonsense on live TV.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99wrote:

@SpurtI hear you, but my husband doesn't watch QVC and he couldn't believe people would talk such nonsense on live TV.

@blackhole99

I understand perfectly................

Respected Contributor

Re: phone calls

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99wrote:

Most men would not put up with the foolishness that goes on, but for some reason, women will sit through a nuclear blast if a fashion, purse, shoe, or new face glow item is on the screen. Lol

Esteemed Contributor

The host presses caller to tell everything she loves about her purchase, while the caller wants to talk about her knee replacement. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1wrote:

The host presses caller to tell everything she loves about her purchase, while the caller wants to talk about her knee replacement. 

😄-So true!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

Speaking of calls, did anyone catch the awkward call the other night when Shawn took a call with Susan Graver?  The first thing out of the caller's mouth was congratulating Shawn on how good she looked after just having her baby.  Shawn kind of chuckled and said something to the effect that her daughter was adopted and she didn't do much much but pray alot.  This woman caller kept talking too after Shawn's comment and I honestly don't think she listend to what Shawn said.  Some of these callers and their nosey comments.  Got muzzle? Smiley LOL    

Frequent Contributor

I feel the same way, I feel so sad for the people calling, if they are "long winded" it usually means they have no one else to talk to, I feel bad.