Occasional Contributor

philosophy is NOT cruelty free

I was just made aware and wondered if anyone else knew purity made simple by philosophy does animal testing. So incredibly sad to know this. I did research it and sure enough its true.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: philosophy is NOT cruelty free

@happyhands  Philosophy is not CF and is owned by Coty which is not CF. 

If you are looking for CF products, you can look them up at either Cruelty Free Kitty, Leaping Bunny. There are others out there as well I just can't think of them right now.

You can go to the Beauty Forum where there have been many discussions regarding this topic.

Trusted Contributor

I've never heard of Philosophy advertising themselves as cruelty free.  I believe many assumed based on the name Purity that it would be cruelty free but sadly it isn't.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@happyhands   yet another reason I loathe all things philosophy.  

Occasional Contributor

you are right, my mistake, Im just suprised. ordered it 12hrs ago, will NOT let me cancel the order. I guess Im completely done with the Q, you cant even cancel an order? very frustrated and disappointed

Honored Contributor

@happyhands wrote:

you are right, my mistake, Im just suprised. ordered it 12hrs ago, will NOT let me cancel the order. I guess Im completely done with the Q, you cant even cancel an order? very frustrated and disappointed

@happyhands   I'm sorry about your disappointment.  But, how many online retail places can you cancel after 12 hours??  I know of none.  I just don't see where this is QVC's fault.

I can, and still do, cancel my orders here after two or three hours.  But it depends on the item. 

Valued Contributor

With all the tech advances ...think of it a large company like Philosophy still tests on little animals,that have no voice .they should be ashamed.It sounds like something from the dark ages.When I found out about this several years ago,I stopped buying their products immediately.I will not help support this cruelty!

Esteemed Contributor

I did not know this. 

I will not buy anymore.

Valued Contributor

I'm so glad that more and more people are going cruelty-free in their purchasing choices.  I'm thrilled that many companies are stopping the cruelty too, but I wish Philosophy would follow suit.  There's no need to put cruelty into any product.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They have NO voice

They have NO choice.

Just a few of the victims...

🐵🐱🐶🐰🐷🐁🐑🐄🐋

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras