Honored Contributor

Re: paying your order by check

On 3/26/2014 happygal said:

Why pay by check? Some people who have or are struggling with credit card debt put themselves on a "cash only" basis and would need to pay by check. (Of course, if struggling with CC debt, they should not be shopping QVC IMHO.)

Also--if a person wants to order something but needs to delay shipment, for example if no one would be home to receive the package--they paying by check can help.

Q-card? Seems like many if not most cards come with some sort of rewards program. Does Q's card have anything like that?

again, it would be nice if qvc accepted straight paypal (which is connected to your checking account) OR if you could just enter your checking account information in the payment section as you are checking out. hsn and shopnbc both accept straight paypal.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

À chacun son propre ~ darn spellcheck
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

O

Customer service reps at Q tell people this option is available, and admit to using it themselves, so I guess that the company doesn't see it as wrong.

It can be abused, if someone is doing it excessively, and would probably be warned by the company at some point, but for those that end up buying the items in some fashion or another most of the time, Q is going to be happy to have the money.

It is true that if a product sells down before you change the payment method or get your check to them, you will loose out to a credit paying customer.

Right. I was told this years ago by a customer service rep. also. I could see if you cancelled more than 50% or your orders they'd see it as a problem, but I usually do follow through and order. If I'm unsure of a product, afraid it will sell out and I want to lock in the price (one time onlys) or check reviews, I'll use it and change it to a card down the line . The alternative is returning the product, the Q wouldn't be happy with excessive returns either............

Honored Contributor

What they need to do, if they want to still do the check thing, is just go the e-check route. That way, the person puts in the information, during the ordering process, and the order is completed. That will preclude the people who just try to hold merchandise, without paying, so that nobody else can get it.

In this day of technology there is no reason to mail a check. If somebody doesn't have a computer, and orders by phone, they can give the same information on the phone at the time of placing the order.

Or, just take debit cards. Pretty much anybody with a checking account should have a debit card. If they truly plan to pay for the merchandise, they can just do so right then and there.

You can't really blame them for allowing PAID orders to go through before non-paid orders. It's a business.

Honored Contributor

$100.00 a month free money just for using a credit card? At rebates between one and five percent, how much in spending is that a month? My decimals must be off, because that's $10,000 plus in my way of figuring.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/25/2014 sunshine45 said:

i wish they would just do away with the check feature and add paypal instead of just paypals bill me later feature. if i want to use my checking account i just use the bill me later at check out.

I wish everyone had a PayPal option! It's SO easy!

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Speaking of PAYPAL .............

A while back I was selling a lot and request a Paypal Debit Card to access the cash more quickly. I don't see any reason why you couldn't use it for QVC purchases.