Contributor

Anyone who had paid for their QVC order by check? How long did it take? I sent my check a week ago and haven't seen any update on my order status. I also checked by automated phone customer service and they haven't received my check payment. I know it takes time but is this a typical waiting time? Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: paying your order by check

Yes, I paid by check .... took about 6-8 working days for check to "clear", not sure of exact day. The check is mail to West Chester, PA naturally and I live in that state. If check is being mail from the west coast, for instance, could take a few days longer.

Contributor

Thanks, mercyMe. I just checked again 3 hours after I posted my question above and it is now in process.

Honored Contributor

OMG ..... WHY would you ever pay by check?

Esteemed Contributor

Have you considered getting the QVC card? I use it constantly and have never had any problems with my order or my bill. Plus ~~ you can do easy pay if you use a credit card. Just a thought.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

A lot of people use the check option to reserve an item and later change it to a credit card. That's what I do. I like to check reviews and oftentimes I'm unsure what credit card I want to use. If I change my mind, I can always cancel it, and I'm not stuck returning the item. It usually stays in the check status for 10 to 14 days before they will cancel it, if they haven't received the check.........

Also, if the item was on easy pay when you ordered it, you still get the easy pay option if you change it to a credit card later.........

Super Contributor

On 3/25/2014 Hibi said:

A lot of people use the check option to reserve an item and later change it to a credit card. That's what I do. I like to check reviews and oftentimes I'm unsure what credit card I want to use. If I change my mind, I can always cancel it, and I'm not stuck returning the item. It usually stays in the check status for 10 to 14 days before they will cancel it, if they haven't received the check.........

Doing that is abusing the system and QVC does send out letters warning you that they will not allow you to pay by check anymore.

Valued Contributor

On 3/25/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

For me, after what occurred at Target (and I've been a victim of I.D. theft), I decided to revert back to the "good ole days." I have a Q card, plus a myriad of credit cards, but will only use if I need item asap.

Respected Contributor

On 3/25/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Why not? With all the computer system hacking & ID theft, a lot of us are returning to the "old" ways of shopping, with checks & cash.

Valued Contributor

I almost always pay by check. From the time I send the check until I receive the item is about two weeks. The only time I use a credit card is if I need something in a hurry. I hate getting that credit card bill in the mail.