Honored Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmNLEd3WBPQ

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt  Thank you for the link. That was hilarious. I am a Lisa fan (back off) and those clips made me miss her a lot.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I've seen quite a few hosts and even vendors go to pull up a zipper on something, and like with all of us, it's STUCK! It's not unusual to hear loud dropping and banging, scaring the host. 

Something that happened to me and would have made Youtube. My loved 16 year old Cockatiel just goes crazy when I'm vacuuming all around him. He loves it when I hold the vacuum near his feathers, and he just starts singing like crazy, bobbing with his head up and down. 

Once, my eyes went off him for a second and when I looked the poor thing's head was inside the tip of the vacuum. 

I thought the tube was going to suck his entire body in. I quickly turned the vacuum off, and he was as good and happy as ever. He still loves the vacuum, and I make positive not too close. 

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 Wow, your cockatiel was lucky. Sixteen years is a long time. I had heard that they live a long life. I have had one for 1.5 years that landed in a tree in our yard. I couldn't find his owner, but now I really want to re-home him with someone that has birds. He thinks of me as his mate and it's been really difficult especially since we already have 2 dogs, a cat, and I'm going to be 73 on February 1. Do you have more than one? Should I re-home him with someone with or without birds? We really love him, but it's just too much. TIA

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

My favorite was when Kathy Levine, not known for her cooking skills, was demonstrating a bread machine.  She carefully loaded all the ingredients that had been laid out for her.  She then turned the machine on.  It made the most God-awful racket imaginable.  She had a look of pure horror on her face.  Apparently someone had left a metal part that should have been removed, in the machine.

I never understood why someone as polished as Kathy Levine never learned to cook. Coming from a Jewish family especially. She claimed she ate out 7 nights a week. I do believe she married late in life to a pilot. Perhaps he Is the cook in the house. It's awfully expensive dining out every night and frankly boring. I would miss home cooked meals.

@Reever wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

My favorite was when Kathy Levine, not known for her cooking skills, was demonstrating a bread machine.  She carefully loaded all the ingredients that had been laid out for her.  She then turned the machine on.  It made the most God-awful racket imaginable.  She had a look of pure horror on her face.  Apparently someone had left a metal part that should have been removed, in the machine.

I never understood why someone as polished as Kathy Levine never learned to cook. Coming from a Jewish family especially. She claimed she ate out 7 nights a week. I do believe she married late in life to a pilot. Perhaps he Is the cook in the house. It's awfully expensive dining out every night and frankly boring. I would miss home cooked meals.

I feel the same way you do.  However, nowdays I hear of so many people that eat out every night or order food delivered.  I just cook for myself now and when I tell people I cook every night they look at me like I'm crazy. 
I enjoy the planning and the actual cooking. 

Trusted Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

QVC is live tv and things will happen, just like in everyone's life and every job.  I do not see a reason to discuss things that can be out of someone's control.

@SXMGirl

Ouch.

Respected Contributor

Reever, maybe someone made fun of her and she was ruined from it !! It is so much better to use a quick recipe, and a slow cooker and whip up something easy. But let me tell you I've had a bad way to go with not feeling well and I would love someone to cook for me. I've been cooking and taking care of someone since I was 4 years old. And I'm very tired.It takes a lot for me to get my energy going.

Respected Contributor

@febe1, I think with other birds, but in his own cage.

Respected Contributor

Hung, everyone need a little sunshine sometimes, it gave me hope that I not the only one that makes bloopers !!! And I can laugh at my one mistakes.

Honored Contributor

Jill Bauer was demonstrating an item that was a big bug swatter  that sent electric zaps upon contact to kill bugs on a wall or any flat surface.  She was saying you should not swat a person because of the electric volt — as she was saying this she wasn’t thinking and swatted her hand with it.  She got quite a shock, her eyes got big and shoulders went up, but she played it off and continued on with the show.