Honored Contributor

Re: no wonder Q s/h fees are so HIGH: 🤔😳

@SurferWifewrote:

@makenawrote:

I don't think their S&H fees are high at all. 

If only we could say that for AK & HI customers.  How I’d love to only have to pay $3 shipping instead of $11-$12 (for a blouse). ☹️

@SurferWife I didn’t realize the price hike for shipping to Hawaii. The package rides on the same plane as a 50 cent letter.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife  OMG!  That is really high shipping.   Do you shop at Amazon and are the shipping fees the same?  I would have to really want the item pretty bad to pay that, I never like to pay for shipping.......the savings really add up as so many companies have it free.   Guess it's the price you pay for living in paradise......AlohaSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal...I am an Amazon Prime member and do get free shipping. It still takes 7-10 days to get something, but I guess that’s what I get with free shipping. Many of my favorite QVC items are exclusive to QVC (Susan Graver, Denim & Co., etc.), so I don’t have an alternative. Needless to say, before clicking speed buy I look st the entire cost before deciding if it’s a good buy ( most often it’s not). I don’t trust Amazon for beauty items because of too many counterfeits. I generally go straight to beauty vendor’s website.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife  That is interesting, thanks for answering my question.  I was curious about Amazon.

I get it regarding wanting certain clothing brands but sounds like you are a smart shopper!  I would do the same as far as evaluating the whole cost before ordering.  I am loving that palm print skort todaySmiley Happy     Reminds me of Hawaii!!

Honored Contributor

I guess the shipping costs all boil down to the convenience.  Is is worth the convenience of sitting in the comfort of your own home, ordering something on the computer and be done with it?  The flip side is having to go out shopping at the stores to find a gift - bringing it home to box it up - and going to the post office for shipment.  My vote is that the shiping cost is well worth the convenience.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will always choose Amazon over QVC.  Shipping is twice as fast, and for some reason the boxes don't arrive all beat up.  Also, when a box is needed to ship, Amazon uses one.  QVC ships items in envelopes that should have been in boxes.

Honored Contributor

@Lila4Now- As much as I'vd ordered from QVC, I've never received a box all beat up nor have I received a package that should have been in a box. 

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Galwrote:

@Lila4Now- As much as I'vd ordered from QVC, I've never received a box all beat up nor have I received a package that should have been in a box. 

Lucky you.  I can't say the same.  I received a purse in an envelope once.  Boxes are covered in dust, and beat up when I order from QVC.  Never when I order from Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@makenawrote:

I don't think their S&H fees are high at all. 

I don't think $3.00 is high to ship clothing or beauty unless you are ordering multiple clothing items.  Then I think it can really start to add up.

S/H on handbags is out of this world and it's nuts for many shoes and boots as well.  In fact, s/h on many other items IMO is very high.

QVC doesn't make a secret of the fact s/h is a money maker for them.

Honored Contributor

Tracking through the post office is usually weird.  Very inaccurate.