New Contributor

no large size or plus size models on fashion week finale with shawn and amyy

Why were the models on this show only small or extra small? WhAt happened to medium or large or plus?
Honored Contributor

Re: no large size or plus size models on fashion week finale with shawn and amyy

I agree. In the real world, not many women are 5'10" and a size 2!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: no large size or plus size models on fashion week finale with shawn and amyy

I noticed that also. I think some designers did say they had larger sizes though.

That entire segment really seems geared to Shawn's style. I loved Shawn's sandals by the way. Couldn't stop staring at her feet.

Esteemed Contributor

designers like the thinner models as their clothing shows better....

Honored Contributor

Hi grateful....be thankful, I consider it a sign that those styles/garments ONLY look good on the XXS or XS----to me it's a RED FLAG!!!! STAY AWAY FROM IT or you will be paying the $6.95 return label and lose your original shipping too... I have a similar problem because I'm a petite medium and they rarely have petite models on so I can see how the clothes look on me....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2015 handygal said: I agree. In the real world, not many women are 5'10" and a size 2!

Hi handygal......I guess QVC wants to use an illusion to sell and make customers think if you buy the clothes in your regular size you will look like that size 2 model....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see much of anything last night that stood out, and some were pretty bad... but of course, that's just my opinion. (I did like the shoes!) The format was not good, the models constantly walking all over the place, it was just very distracting.

I think Shawn and Amy were trying too hard to project an "image" - what kind exactly, I'm not sure. And the QVC Plus followup show with Courtney was even worse.

I guess those "upscale" designers don't go for heavier models. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor

A variety of different size models is nice. It seems to be the exception lately. I assume if something about the fit is off on the xxxs model, then it's off on all sizes.
Honored Contributor

I think last night's show was attempting to cater to a young, skinny demographic. However, l don't think that applies to the majority of the Q's customers (myself included)!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I saw nothing wrong with using the thinner models. Some designers do not make clothes for larger women, that is ok, it does not bother me at all.

I have seen some of the fashions that did not go to 1,2,or 3X and I think they were missing a lot of women because they would have looked great.

It is the prerogative of the designer as to who they want to appeal to.

The only thing that bothered me last night was the models walking in front of each other and being all over the set. Too much activity for my taste.

Don't worry, be Happy!