Valued Contributor

Another STUPID idea. I didn't want it, didn't need it and would like it gone.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
QVC Social Team

Re: new nick name?????

[ Edited ]

@HannahBanana wrote:

@Eva_qvc wrote:

@HannahBanana wrote:

why did I have to pick a new nickname today?  what was wrong with the one I had?  All I wanted to do was leave a red heart on someone's post......didn't need it yesterday...what is up with this?

Hello @mishka14 - We have had a technical issue with this (it even happened to us) but you should be able to go back and change back to your original nickname. If it should ever happen again, just put in the same nickname you always use and you will be fine. 

Have a great afternoon!

so Eva   qvc  how do I now go back to my other nick name???  Or do I just have to wait for another glitch in the system????? sorry, Technical issue....

I'm happy to help @mishka14. Please send an email to; qvcsocialteam@qvc.com and I will send you the instructions in detail. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mishka14 @CatLoverDogsToo

I posted these steps earlier in another thread (@Eva-QVC, please correct me if this isn't accurate):

For those who want to change back to their old nickame, try these steps:

1 -- Go into "My Account"

2 -- Choose  "My Nickname"

3 -- You'll see your current nickname and a box to enter a new one.

4 -- Try entering the old nickname exactly as it was before (be sure not to change anything about it).

5 -- Click "Continue"

6 -- If it accepts the change, then log out.

7 -- Then log back into the Community and the change should take effect (a name change won't take effect until you log out and then back in).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Eva_qvc wrote:

@HannahBanana wrote:

@Eva_qvc wrote:

@HannahBanana wrote:

why did I have to pick a new nickname today?  what was wrong with the one I had?  All I wanted to do was leave a red heart on someone's post......didn't need it yesterday...what is up with this?

Hello @mishka14 - We have had a technical issue with this (it even happened to us) but you should be able to go back and change back to your original nickname. If it should ever happen again, just put in the same nickname you always use and you will be fine. 

Have a great afternoon!

so Eva   qvc  how do I now go back to my other nick name???  Or do I just have to wait for another glitch in the system????? sorry, Technical issue....

I'm happy to help @mishka14. Please send an email to; qvcsocialteam@qvc.com and I will send you the instructions in detail. Thanks!

@Eva-QVC

just a note that the method provided by the q social team and the IT department did NOT work in my case. i was sunshine45 and now had to choose Sunshine45. i really didnt lose anything, just my lowercase "s." not sure why it works for some and not for others.

also for me, i could not just put my nickname when i was trying to sign in, as others have noted. it kept telling me that "that nickname is already taken."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Eva_qvc wrote:

@HannahBanana wrote:

Have a great afternoon!

Hi @Eva-QVC. I am having the same problem.  I called, and e-chatted, and no one could offer any assistance in this matter. I was asked to reset my password, and answer a security question with an answer I had never given to QVC. She said she couldn't offer any help for my problem, nor would she consult anyone else. I was told there was no one else I could contact either. 

I couldn't log on until I chose a nickname. The system rejected my choice of a nickname because it's already being used: Exactly! I'm using it! In order to proceed I had to choose a new nickname. I altered it by adding an "e".  "skyblue" had to be changed to "skyeblue". 

I would really like to change it back to "skyblue". Are you able to help me? The method mentioned above does not work for me.Woman Sad

Thank you so much for any assistance in this matter!

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@mishka14 @CatLoverDogsToo

I posted these steps earlier in another thread (@Eva-QVC, please correct me if this isn't accurate):

For those who want to change back to their old nickame, try these steps:

1 -- Go into "My Account"

2 -- Choose  "My Nickname"

3 -- You'll see your current nickname and a box to enter a new one.

4 -- Try entering the old nickname exactly as it was before (be sure not to change anything about it).

5 -- Click "Continue"

6 -- If it accepts the change, then log out.

7 -- Then log back into the Community and the change should take effect (a name change won't take effect until you log out and then back in).

Thank you for the suggestion @dooBdoo. I just wish it worked for me!Woman Sad

*skyblue

Honored Contributor

@Eva_qvc wrote:

@HannahBanana wrote:

@Eva_qvc wrote:

@HannahBanana wrote:

Have a great afternoon!

@Eva-QVC, thanks for letting us know that there's been a technical issue because i've read a few threads in which this problem seems to be popping up recently. 

@BTW, whatever happened to your previous @Eva-QVC nic that doesn't seem to work anymore? Please don't tell me that your nic was a casualty of the technical issue. Smiley Sad

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@mishka14

@Eva-QVC

HB...try signing out and then signing back in...?

tried that and it doesn't ask for a new nickname.  just keeps HannahBanana...Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

I just did what they said, put in a new nick name, it said it changed to Mishka14,  and yet here we are again with the old nick name.....what is going on?????????

Trusted Contributor

@mishka14 wrote:

I just did what they said, put in a new nick name, it said it changed to Mishka14,  and yet here we are again with the old nick name.....what is going on?????????

just signed out, brought my computer down,  brought it back up again, and signed back in on QVC...now let's see what we got??????