Honored Contributor

Re: Very Upset due to invoice showing on outside of box

@equssWhen you say the card you used was on the outside of the package, do you mean all the numbers?

I'd cancel the card if the entire number was there, but if it just said Visa or Discover or whatever, I'd go on with my life. 

Honored Contributor

I had this happen once with a QVC purchase, but it was shipped directly from Rachel Ray, according to the return address. It didn't have my personal information; however, it clearly showed what was inside the box, how many, the size, item number, etc.

Don't think I had to worry about someone wanting to steal a frying pan off my front porch! LOL! However, if it had been something of more value, like jewelry, etc., I would have been upset.

It was enclosed within clear plastic. My stuff directly from QVC always has the invoice in a brown envelope, taped to the box. Sometimes that envelope has plastic over it; sometimes it doesn't.

Trusted Contributor

With that information showing, what do you actually think anyone will do?  Nothing!

You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

With that information showing, what do you actually think anyone will do?  Nothing!

You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

You're probably right; nothing will most likely happen. As for me, I reserve the right to publish my personal information. Therefore, regardless if someone steals the OP's info or not and uses it, IMO QVC and any other retailer should make sure their customer's personal info is kept private.

No need to help the bad guys. I was one of those customers that had their info breached recently when Experian was hacked. In this day and age, the last thing we need is a company being careless enough to use a clear plastic envelope with our name, address and financial information showing. My neighbor had her identity stolen recently and someone opened several cell phone lines in her name. They had her name and address at least from some of her mail. So, this stuff does happen. 

~Live with Intention~
Trusted Contributor

No it wasn't all the cr card numbers...the type card.  It did show the price of the item which was about $160 so that could be a temptation to someone...who knows?

Perhaps I am on edge because I did have fradulent charges on a differnet card made from Russia (Never been there)  So after  the card company told me about how little info these people need to make fraudulent charges I was stunned.  I was told if they have a name, address and type card they have programs that just run random numbers til they get a hit.   I want QVC to get feedback that some customers(obviously not all) care about privacy. 

I only care about this in relation to QVC...didn't mean to imply it was anything more than that.

Trusted Contributor

@equss wrote:

I received an order today and the invoice was showing on the outside of the box with all my info.  Name , credit card used, last 4 digits of customer number, cost, etc.  It was sealed under clear plastic and that is it!!!  I feel this is a huge security breach and I did call customer service but feel I need to close my account etc.  

I think you are overreacting and that there is no need to close your account. No one can do anything with the last 4 digits of your Q customer number. If it was last 4 digits of credit card that would concern me more, but, even so, no one can order anything from anywhere just using last 4 digits of a credit card. Maybe I am missing something but how is this a huge security breach?

Honored Contributor

I receive many packages from a variety of vendors where the invoice is attached in clear plastic.   Never occurred to me to complain about it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

This is also never happened to me.

Respected Contributor

@equss, I received an order today with the invoice attached as you describe. The invoice itself is also different.  It is one sheet of paper instead of the invoice with pull off parts.

This new way is probably much cheaper than enclosing the old type invoice in the brown envelope.  

The only information showing was my name and address and the carrier name with the tracking number.  None of my account or credit information was visible.  

I expect invoices will be secured to packages this way from now on.