Honored Contributor

The more you add to your computer, the slower it goes.

Honored Contributor

chickenbutt wrote:

Be careful you install the correct program.  It is called Adblock Plus.  

There are no weird characters in the middle of the word 'Adblock'.

I say this because one time I had to re-install a browser and in my search for Adblock Plus I accidentally chose the wrong thing.  I don't know what the heck that was but hopefully it didn't do any damage.  I uninstalled it immediately and ran scans.  *whew*

Hi, Chickie!    I agree, it's good to double-check to be sure which addons/extensions are used.    I think the best thing to do is go directly to the browser's official addon/extension page as opposed to an internet search, then look at the various offerings in the category, read the reviews, and then decide whether or not to use it.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

ECBG wrote:

The more you add to your computer, the slower it goes.

@ECBG,  While sometimes that can be the case, it's not always true.   Many of the addons/extensions work very efficiently and won't noticeably impact the browser's response time.    Even so, your comment is a good reminder that troubleshooting a slow browser includes taking a look at the addons/extensions.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova