Honored Contributor

Re: how loyal are you to QVC?

Interesting question.  Had to think about that one. 

I'm not "loyal" to any retailer, but there are some who sell good quality products, have in stock what I want and like, and offer great customer service; therefore it makes sense I would go to them first.  If that's loyalty, those retailers earned it. 

I do check QVC's website most every day when I'm looking for something in particular, but I also stop off at other online retailers.

I do check "New" products most every day, again, if I'm looking for something. It's there, I did buy things I wasn't looking for, but for the most part they were good purchases.  

Generally, I find clearance items are those that weren't good sellers or have many bad reviews or low inventory and don't plan on reordering, so once in a while I've gotten a good deal, but overall don't think QVC lowers clearance prices nearly as much as other retailers. Rarely do I look at them anymore.

Honored Contributor

I was quite loyal for about a five or so year span. Even after that I was a regular shopper. Now, I almost never shop here and even more rarely watch. The on-air experience is rather dreadul, the true deals are far and few between, as are any meaningful customer incentives. I also decided loyalty is a two way street.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch a lot. 

how loyal is QVC to it's customers?  Just the Bucks not the Peeps.

I would really, really miss the boards.  UPS would miss me.   DH would be happy.

Honored Contributor

Missed answering the last question...would I miss QVC if it went off the air.

Yes, because I like to see the presentations...still remains a rather unique way of selling in the retail industry.  The way QVC demonstrates how to use products.  If I miss it, I can go online and watch a video, but prefer watching them on a larger screen.

I particularly like the Fall and Christmas decor, not only watching product demonstrations, but also presenting them in sets decorated for Fall and Christmas.  

Super Contributor

I watch QVC almost daily.  I live in a fairly isolated part of the country with a not-so-great economy and we have very few decent places to shop here.   There is not even a nice department store in my area.  Kohl's is about as good as it gets.   I especially enjoy watching the fashion, beauty, and garden shows.  I really appreciate the demonstrations, modeling of the fashion items, and learning gardening tips.

I would definitely miss QVC if it went off the air.

Honored Contributor

I would miss it. I would miss these boards too. 

Respected Contributor

I would not miss QVC!  My shopping habits have changed and the Q is not my first place to look.  

Although I check out the Community Forum regularly, it could go away too.  I find it's more argumentative than it was in the past which I do not enjoy.  Once these forums were very helpful.  If someone had a question,  a helpful considerate answer would be forthcoming.  Now it seems that no matter what the question or comment, there are usually argumentative responses. 

Honored Contributor

I buy some things here, but I can shop elsewhere.   I enjoy the forums..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would miss some aspects of it and also the Forums.

There are a few vendors I like and shows I do watch......In particular I enjoy the home decor shows.  Even if I don't buy anything I get ideas from watching Valerie Parr Hill Shows.  I like seeing Jim Shore and hearing the stories behind his art,  I like Martha Stewart...Candle Impressions, Plow
& Hearth, also other unique home decor lines.....

If they show something new and unique I like that you can see it worn (if it's clothes) or demonstrated...which gives QVC aheads up over just ordering something online from another retailer.....

I do like Carolyn Pollack's jewelry (non-western styles), Or Paz, Hagit, some JAI, and some artisan pieces.....

What I don't like is more and more QVC products are things I can purchase at local stores, the product selection seems more and more limted, more and more redundant, too many long presentations of TSV and TSV is shown several times in the same show. I want variety and uniqueness not same stuff shown with new show titles and host rotations which dont mean a thing....

QVC's clothing is overpriced, quality is down in some lines, sizing is inconsistent.  Beauty products are taking over fashion shows..... 

Too many beauty product shows overall--keep these on Beauty IQ!!!!

Kitchen shows--- dont like prepared food, and same old gadgets and appliances...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

So a Mixed Review from me...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I would definitely miss QVC if it went away as I now buy most of my clothes, jewelry and shoes here.  Other items occasionally.

I watch if I am home when Susan Graver, Denim & Company, Issac Mizrahi and Belle are on.  I do check the videos if I am not able to watch these shows.  I don't routinely watch other programming as I am not a TV watcher but I do watch VPH, Christmas decor, other clothing and jewellry vendors occasionally. 

I check the "NEW" items daily.  I enjoy coming to the forums.  And of course, I am looking forward to Big Bonanza Silver day next week.

In the past I have always been a catalog or mall shopper, but now rarely purchase from my catalogs.  The catalogs don't give the measurements I need, shipping prices are much higher than QVC and I have found more than I need at QVC and I enjoy being able to see the item on real people, not a flat page.  Our local brick and motar shopping choices are dwindling and I don't want to drive to the City 30 miles and too much traffic just to shop.  So I'll stick with QVC - I'm satisfied.