Contributor

Re: how loyal are you to QVC?

Been shopping with them since the late 80”s - I don’t watch that much, but I do check the website almost daily.  I would probably miss them if they weren’t around - as I do buy clothes from them.  There is nothing in the malls.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

No real loyalty. Just watch sometimes for a few minutes on my way to something else.

Me too.  I have certain things that I purchase from Q.  But I rarely watch.  I go on line when I am interested in something.  When I discovered other channels I saw more variety and better pricing.

Honored Contributor

I stopped being loyal to any business years ago.  They turn on a dime and will happily take your money and ignore you after that.  It's the "big business" way these days.  

90% of what Q offers can be found for less at other retailers or locally.  I always price shop.  Many retailers offer promotion codes of 20-30-40%.  Why pay more if you don't have to?  

Esteemed Contributor

When I first started watching qvc I purchased a lot and watched often.  That eventually faded.  I know they can do better on pricing and don't offer good sales, so I reached a saturation point and slowed down my shopping.  I think I am still a good qvc customer but I usually am not buying anything if I have qvc on my tv.  Just half listening while on my iPad.  However, I do like Louis D, Kim Gravel, and dream jeans and am loyal to those 3.

Honored Contributor

I check on the Q site pretty much every day.  I used to watch it every day for hours and hours.  I would miss it very much if we didn't have it.  I think its great and I really like it.  I would like to see some lower prices and some lower S & H, of course!!!!  

I would especially miss being able to post here!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

How loyal is QVC to its long-time customers?   Not at all.  

There are so many places to shop, both online and locally.  I'd rather shop locally anyway.  I come here in the early mornings in my pajamas with my coffee and the TV news on in the background.  The news is usually bad, and I can always get a chuckle or two from these forums.  This is the only "social media" I do.  Are you telling me this is also a shopping website?  Hmm.... who knew?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't watch Q, just check items recently shown online.  I look at many items but actually order few.  I like to look,feel and try on items before I buy. 

I was out shopping yesterday and bought nothing for me.  I didn't like the fabrics I saw.  All the tops were tunics and way too long for me.  I'll try some other stores next time. I have lots of stores nearby so I have many options.

Honored Contributor

I am loyal to QVC as I come to the site daily.  I love the TSV's and One-Day-Only deals on products I use regularly (Wen, Amazing Grace, etc).  I shop here for make-up, boots, Dooney's, etc.

As long as I have access to qvc.com, I would be okay if they were no longer on air.  I rarely watch on air presentations.

Honored Contributor

No, I am not loyal and no, I would not miss this channel--I would miss these boards tho.

Respected Contributor

Not loyal to QVC at all.  Started with them in 1991.  Used to watch and buy a lot.  Back then though, they had much more variety in their products and the hosts were much better.  Now they show the same old, tired merchandise over and over, the hosts are annoying with their speed talking, frantic presentations,  annoying habits and making the shows about them instead of the products.  Hosts don't give all the info needed to make a purchase.   Instead they tell the viewer to look online.  Sorry, but I shouldn't have to be on the computer the same time I'm watching TV.  Many of the guests are no better with their awful speaking voices.  Channel changers for sure.  Lol, if I'm not watching I'm not buying.  As it is, I now probably average one item per year.  I find better deals elsewhere where I get sent coupons and incentives to shop, including coupons for my birthday.   QVC gives me nothing.  If they went away today the only thing I would miss about them is this message board.