Esteemed Contributor

how do you find posts you responded to?

Can someone please explain this to me?

Honored Contributor

Re: how do you find posts you responded to?

No idea - I can't figure it out either.  I've tried some suggestions that posters have made and it still doesn't work; not like the old "My Activity".

I also can't find a way to sort by date (e.g. newest first).  To me they're either all jumbled in date order or the oldest are first.

I do wish they'd fix this.

Honored Contributor

It's easy to find your posts or your threads. At the top right-hand side of this page, there is a search box. In that box, put your nic (or anyone else whose activity you might want to see). Then where it says "Community" to the right of that search box, click on the arrow and change it to "Users."

Then click on the red "GO." Now, very important -- when you see your nic, don't click on it. Instead click on your "posts." Now you will see all your activity.

Finally, bookmark the page using the bookmark function on your computer. So from now on, all you have to do to see your activity is to open the page you bookmarked. It's really very simple.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Well I just tried it and it did not work.  I followed your instructions.  Not sure what went wrong.  Still frustrated by this forum.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

No idea - I can't figure it out either.  I've tried some suggestions that posters have made and it still doesn't work; not like the old "My Activity".

I also can't find a way to sort by date (e.g. newest first).  To me they're either all jumbled in date order or the oldest are first.

Hi, Venezia. It's not broken; it's just a bit hidden. If you want to sort threads, click on your nic at the top of the page, then click on "my settings," then click on "preferences" at the top of the page, and finally, click on "general."

On that page, you can check the box to have threads show up newest first. Unchecked, it will be oldest first.

Now, you can also sort posts within a thread. This time, instead of choosing "General," choose "Linear Layout." The very first item at the top gives you ability to choose sorting WITHIN topics.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Like posting and quoting, it isn't nearly as intuitive or 'one step' as it used to be, but Suzy's explanation is completely accurate. You have to make sure you change from 'community' to 'user' and once you see your nickname, you have to make sure you click on the area where it lists the number of your posts. There are some features of these new boards that represent improvements, but overall user friendliness is probably not at the same level as for the former incarnation.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have learned that you have to enter your nickname before you change from "community" to "user", or at least that's how it works for me.

Here are URL's for the three of you who've been having difficulty finding your posts.  See if they work.  If they do, just bookmark them for future reference. Hope this helps!

MalteseMomma

Venezia

Puppy Lips

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone. I tried it and it worked .I just don't know how to bookmark but I can still find my posts when I want to   .Thanks again     Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

Hi, Venezia. It's not broken; it's just a bit hidden. If you want to sort threads, click on your nic at the top of the page, then click on "my settings," then click on "preferences" at the top of the page, and finally, click on "general."

On that page, you can check the box to have threads show up newest first. Unchecked, it will be oldest first.

Now, you can also sort posts within a thread. This time, instead of choosing "General," choose "Linear Layout." The very first item at the top gives you ability to choose sorting WITHIN topics.

Okay, suzyQ3 - I'll give it another try!  I have gone through those steps in the past and it hasn't worked, but I'm prepared to keep trying.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb   Thank you for the link!  Now that I know it can be done, I'll follow suzyQ3's advice and try to bring it up myself.  (But I've saved the link....just in case.)  Woman Wink