Trusted Contributor

@RescueLover wrote:
I like what Marybeth learned in the early years. She had to sell this lampshade with a dolls dress on it and it was the ugliest thing she ever saw. She said in the beginning of QVC they didn’t have many items to sell because companies weren’t giving their items to QVC. One day when she was going to be presenting the lampshade she thought, I just can’t do this anymore. It’s so ugly and I’m going to tell management enough with this lampshade!
That day a lady called in and told Marybeth that it was the prettiest lampshade she ever saw and she put it in her little girls bedroom and her daughter just loved it! From that moment on Marybeth realized I don’t have to like the item, because they’ll be someone out there that does. Her entire perspective on selling changed that day as a result of that one caller. And since she’s told every host she trains the story and to always keep that in mind. 🤗

What a sweet story.

Contributor

Yes, it's SO SURPRISING to see people trying to sell things on a shopping channel.  Why would they do that?
Definitely ask to speak to the manager about this.

Super Contributor
@ rescuelover. What a great story. I had not heard that before. So true, there is something for everyone.
Leave it to MB to tell it like it is.
Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I bought the Popsonic face cleansing tool. Tonight, Shawn presented. It was $54. and change. At the end, Shawn said you would pay with a one in front of that price if you bought it elsewhere. What nonsense!!! You can get it all over for under $60. or less.

I bought something similar from.Bed and Bath for around $20. It is rechargeable.

For some reason, I just ordered w/o looking into it. It looked good. I just didn't bother and it was spur of the moment. Should have known I could do better. Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

I remember when Sandra Bennet first came to QVC. She was modulated and serene. Watching her right now on Donney & Bourke, she speaks constantly, quickly and with an excitement that is unappealing to me. She interrupts the brand ambassador who is a really delightful person. She also knows much more than Sandra and should be heard.

QVC:  Hyper hosts are exhausting to listen to. Use Jayne Brown or Leah to teach these hosts how to speak, how NOT to interrupt and how to present products calmly.

Esteemed Contributor

@RescueLover wrote:
I like what Marybeth learned in the early years. She had to sell this lampshade with a dolls dress on it and it was the ugliest thing she ever saw. She said in the beginning of QVC they didn’t have many items to sell because companies weren’t giving their items to QVC. One day when she was going to be presenting the lampshade she thought, I just can’t do this anymore. It’s so ugly and I’m going to tell management enough with this lampshade!
That day a lady called in and told Marybeth that it was the prettiest lampshade she ever saw and she put it in her little girls bedroom and her daughter just loved it! From that moment on Marybeth realized I don’t have to like the item, because they’ll be someone out there that does. Her entire perspective on selling changed that day as a result of that one caller. And since she’s told every host she trains the story and to always keep that in mind. 🤗

I think Mary Beth realized I either sell the ugly lampshade or give up the vacations, the summer home, and the boat.

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I bought the Popsonic face cleansing tool. Tonight, Shawn presented. It was $54. and change. At the end, Shawn said you would pay with a one in front of that price if you bought it elsewhere. What nonsense!!! You can get it all over for under $60. or less.

Most of the hosts use that line. Put a one or a three inf front of it.

Ridiculous especially when they compare to luxury brands.

Yes, the luxury brand supports that, but the QVC item does not.

Valued Contributor

IIm thinking two things:

The ones that have left didn't drink the Kool Aid and spoke up

The ones such as Dan and Carolyn have a lot to say!

Esteemed Contributor

The worst are Courtney & Jane saying "it's all I use" no matter what they present.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

THat is exactly the kind of comment that I cannot stand to hear.  Do they actually think we believe that nonsense? Even the vendors are saying that now.