Esteemed Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@hopi  the hosts were employees.  The work they did belongs to QVC always. That's not horrible, that's business.

When employees change jobs or are let go, the work they did remains the property of the company.  Of course it's in QVC's best interest to show they are fresh and new, so they will probably replace a lot of the old videos soon, but that takes time.  

Obviously you have never seen the extensive list of youtube QVC monetized channels from all the old hosts.  Also sale's presentations on their site.

So tired of the statement of that's business. They take people's, youth, lives and try to get their souls. Shame on every who keeps saying that. Horrible is horrible, always placing big money ahead of people.

---   
Hopi, seriously?

When the hosts join QVC, they are well educated, often well experienced, adults, with Free Will! 

No one forces them to accept a position. 

QVC takes their youth?  Life takes our youth. It's inevitable. 
Whether you're living your happiest life, or in despair, Life marches on and youth is lost. 

QVC takes their life?  It appears most of the hosts are married, many have children, they often share, about their lives off air. I have no idea what their full schedules are, I've never had the impression, they're terribly arduous, but, if they are, that Free Will, thing! 

QVC, tries to take their soul?? Really?? How so??

If any adult, continues working for a company, that they feel is trying to take their soul, sorry, that's on them! Free Will! 

Yes, QVC is a giant corporation, and if they want to survive, they have to watch the that bottom line. 
They employ many thousands of people.  How would it help those people, if a kinder, gentler QVC, went out of business? 

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@hopi wrote:

@hopi  the hosts were employees.  The work they did belongs to QVC always. That's not horrible, that's business.

When employees change jobs or are let go, the work they did remains the property of the company.  Of course it's in QVC's best interest to show they are fresh and new, so they will probably replace a lot of the old videos soon, but that takes time.  

Obviously you have never seen the extensive list of youtube QVC monetized channels from all the old hosts.  Also sale's presentations on their site.

So tired of the statement of that's business. They take people's, youth, lives and try to get their souls. Shame on every who keeps saying that. Horrible is horrible, always placing big money ahead of people.

@hopi   Shame??    QVC, nor any of us right now, live in Mayberry RFQ.  There is no billion dollar business that does not have to protect its bottom line, and a public business also has to answer to its shareholders. 

Those employees signed a contract and agreed to its terms before they started working for QVC.  Even behind the scenes employees sign HR papers before employment, which in itself is a form of contract.  They enjoyed a marvelous paycheck, benefits, and company discounts.  From what we see on their FB pages, QVC had and encouraged holiday parties and included employee families.

No one owes a person a forever job.  That's just being unrealistic. 

Sometimes there comes a time when that contract no longer works for both parties.  It can be sad, or it can be cathartic.  either way, both sides go on.  

There it is...    a multi billion dollar business...... you have to be cut throat and step on the little guy.  Everybody's life does not matter but the rich get richer.  Just stop defending huge corporations like they are  doing the right thing. 

eta:  respectfully you can defend them to your death and cathartic all you want to justify or be like what's her name new slogan...  "Find  something new".... better yet  "Let them eat cake"

@hopi   Yes indeed, there it is exactly.  Any multi-billion dollar business is....... a business.  Everyone who works there does so with their eyes open.  I am not defending anything, I am stating how it is.  You may want to dream in a world that really doesn't exist.  

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Wow! They still have 25 hosts-do they really need that many? Considering they will only have the one channel now, and no overnights? It seems to me they have too many hosts still........

@CANDLEQUEEN 

If they go back to 24 hours LIVE programming on the main channel, that's 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, there's 2 day's off per week per host, also vacations to cover etc....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Wow! They still have 25 hosts-do they really need that many? Considering they will only have the one channel now, and no overnights? It seems to me they have too many hosts still........

@CANDLEQUEEN 

If they go back to 24 hours LIVE programming on the main channel, that's 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, there's 2 day's off per week per host, also vacations to cover etc....

@Spurt . That's true, but are they going back to 24 hours a day? I thought I read where they were not going to do that anymore.? 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN 

@Spurt . That's true, but are they going back to 24 hours a day? I thought I read where they were not going to do that anymore.? 

@CANDLEQUEEN   True.  They (QVC) said they weren't going back to 24/7 Live, but that was before they made the decision to eliminate Live programming on Q2.

QVC still has 25 hosts.  HSN has 20 hosts with the same Live hours as QVC.  QVC may either keep all 25 and go to all Live programming, or lay off more hosts and keep the repeats.  My guess is the latter.

Or do none of the above, it's all a guessing game with them.   

Honored Contributor

Besides Antonella, who else was let go? 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.