Regular Contributor

Re: gosh I wish we could cancel orders we regret making in the middle of the night!!!!

I understand the technology, BUT  when it takes days, weeks to even fill the order there is a rel problem with that so called technology.  I am not buying that at all.  I like how HSN gives everyone until midnight of the day you order. that seems fair to me, that way we all know what to expect.

Honored Contributor

Re: gosh I wish we could cancel orders we regret making in the middle of the night!!!!

@MalteseMomma 

I think we should have at least 24 hours to cancel an order, rather than see it sit 'in process' for 3-4 days at least after ordering, with no movement.

That's why I rarely order much these days after 30+ years.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Suggestion:  IF you just placed the order and just tried to cancel.........try again tomorrow.  New fresh orders need a little time to actually get in the system.  Perhaps you 'jumped' to cancel too quickly.

Today I cancelled two orders successfully - but few days ago when tried to cancel one of them - Ans:   they would attempt it     - but nothing happened.  So I tried again today and bingo - I got rid of TWO.

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Isn't there a law stateing this????  With a time line of course......... .

But only a few minutes is not legal I'm almost sure!!!

it is just greed by QVC!!!!   imo

I've regretted ordering things in the middle of the night too, @MalteseMomma. Try to hold off till first thing in the morning and see if you still want it. 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@MalteseMomma it may vary from state to state but the law I know that gives 3 days to cancel does not apply to purchases you initiate yourself by calling or going onto the Internet

if you really think QVC is violating the law of your state, do some research to find out.

@millieshops. That law pertains to signing contracts as people used to frequently do with do with door to door salesmen, a "cooling off" period.  You can cancel purchases.  I've recently done so the next day.  If you're not sure, don't place the order!  The fault is yours, not QVCs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

When free shipping and 10% from Rakuten showed up yesterday I was actually able to cancel three orders from a couple of days ago and reorder - one was a waitlist order. Saved me about $30. 

Honored Contributor

I remember when QVC gave at least a day to cancel.  What happened? 

One of the reasons QVC doesn't like cancellations is because they say those items could have been sold to someone else.  QVC is saying no one buys those items later and they become a loss. 

Grossly untrue.  People are always buying online.  Also, the item we cancelled will be sold with others in stock the next time and other times, it is presented on air.  

For items that are sold out on air, there are always some stalking the website for cancellations and returns to buy.  

What would QVC rather have, a cancellation or return?  I think the cancellation would be less costly.

I can understand retailers who process orders same day and within a day or two, but my experience with QVC has been around 3+ days.  Some orders sat in process over 7 days.  

Most of my orders from other retailers are processed same or next day, so 30 minutes seems reasonable.  30 minutes for 3+ days, no.  

Honored Contributor

I just tried to cancel an order and got that little green banner at the top that said it had been cancelled, but it doesn't show that on the order page.  So I guess I'll wait to see if it shows up or not.😖

Honored Contributor

I can just imagine the chaos cancelations create in a huge warehouse operation.  Pull it and get it ready, put it back as it got cancelled,  oops pull it out and get it ready again, over and over.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yet your next complaint would be "processing an order takes too long."  There is no pleasing some people.    

Make sure you want it BEFORE you order.