Esteemed Contributor

gosh I wish we could cancel orders we regret making in the middle of the night!!!!

[ Edited ]

Isn't there a law stateing this????  With a time line of course......... .

But only a few minutes is not legal I'm almost sure!!!

it is just greed by QVC!!!!   imo

Respected Contributor

Re: gosh I wish we could cancel orders we regret making in the middle of the night!!!!

I shop MANY places and many of them have a rule that you can only cancel an online order withing 30 minutes and you must CALL, not do it online.

Technology is just faster than the human brain these days.

We must think carefully before we purchase!

Honored Contributor

Re: gosh I wish we could cancel orders we regret making in the middle of the night!!!!

At least you know you can return something, unless otherwise noted:  No returns accepted.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had 2 items that I ordered on Sat ,only to find out free shipping on Sun , howver  the order says  " preparing your order ", so it would not let me cancel  the 2 orders  so I could reorder the same 2 items  under the free shipping. Bummer

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma it may vary from state to state but the law I know that gives 3 days to cancel does not apply to purchases you initiate yourself by calling or going onto the Internet

if you really think QVC is violating the law of your state, do some research to find out.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 

I understand your frustration but think about it; if everyone who ordered Saturday was allowed to cancel and re-order that would be 2 days in a row of free shipping; never saw that happen!  I am sure everyone who ordered Saturday feels the same way and think of all the orders that took place Saturday.  Its a bummer though and has happened to me many times.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If anyone has a problem buying stuff in the middle of the night then face up to it, don't watch shopping channels & don't place orders online....we're responsible for controlling our purchases, don't pin the failure to do so on retailers & depend on them to cancel orders.

Esteemed Contributor

I hear ya, @MalteseMomma. Sometimes I need some type of late night support group--someone besides the little voice in my head to say, "Step away from the phone."  😂

Frequent Contributor

I have ordered things and find out that there is a free shipping day a couple days after I placed the order.  I have called CS and they have taken the shipping off, especially if it's processing and hasn't shipped yet.  It can't hurt to ask!

Honored Contributor

I place an order only when I'm sure I want to buy.  Before reading about it on these boards, I hadn't heard about the possibility of individuals cancelling online orders.  I thought "cancelling" was something companies did to purchase orders.