Trusted Contributor

frustration with negative some negative reviews

Here is my frustration with some negative reviews.  Some people give negative reviews just because a beauty product is not filled to the very top when they receive it. 

Example....Josie Maran's body butter.  Yes I agree when the demonstration is given on TV is  VERY misleading is is filled to the very top. 

But products are labeled by weight and sold by weight.  I honestly can't think of any products that you buy by volume. 

And its not just beauty products.   Food, example...cereal.  It's not filled to the top. 

Please review on if you actually like the product or not. 

Thank you.  I feel better.

Honored Contributor

Re: frustration with negative some negative reviews

People feel like they have not gotten what they ordered or their moneys worth when products appear not to be filled to the top of the jar. They may be right, I bet the jars are filled by machines which can malfunction. If it bothers you that much, I would just read reviews that discuss what you want to know about the product. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm actually just venting.  I feel the reviews should be about the quality of the product and if they like or dislike the product.  Whether its beauty, clothing, or anything else.  Personally that is what the reviews help me regarding a particular product. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ruthbe wrote:

I'm actually just venting.  I feel the reviews should be about the quality of the product and if they like or dislike the product.  Whether its beauty, clothing, or anything else.  Personally that is what the reviews help me regarding a particular product. 

I have to say is the electronic ones irritate me.  Example:   I bout a pair of wireless ear buds and they are awesome.  I bought a second pair for my son for Christmas.  I tried both pairs and they both sound and work wonderfully.  

I go on and look and they have negative reviews.  I have come to the conclusion that some people have no technical experience and Lord help them if they order something that they have to pair up or sync with something.   

Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

People feel like they have not gotten what they ordered or their moneys worth when products appear not to be filled to the top of the jar. They may be right, I bet the jars are filled by machines which can malfunction. If it bothers you that much, I would just read reviews that discuss what you want to know about the product. 

I doubt that happens very often.

Some people don't understand products are filled by weight, not volume.  Some products actually say that.  Maybe beauty products should put that on their product.

It is frustrating to read that so much on reviews.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

My standards regarding the reviews have lowered.  I'm just happy when the person writing the review has actually bought and received the product.  Writing a worthwhile review is a bonus.

Honored Contributor

I rarely pay attention to the reviews as far as helping me make a buying decision.  I find many of them worthless.  So many are from people who don't even own the product and I don't know why QVC allows that.

Then there are the reviews on items where the purchaser opens the product and runs to the computer to write a review about how pretty the color is, how soft the material, fit is perfect.  They've not worn or tried the item at all so what is the point of that review?  I don't care that you think the color is pretty or material soft.  Does it hold up or pill?  Does it wash well or shrink?

We also have all the discrepencies in reviews. You can read 100 reviews for a clothing item and some claim the item runs huge, others claim it runs small and others will state it's true to size. 

My favorite is when someone buys say a 3/4 length sleeve top and then says they are returning it because they hate 3/4 length sleeves.  Whaaat?

Honored Contributor

ITA!! Dooney had just debuted a wallet that went with the last TSV and there was a review im.mediately that they were upset that it did't have RFID and she wasn't going to purchase it.  It should be based on the person getting the product.  I can't believe that QVC doesn't review the reviews before posting them.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

My standards regarding the reviews have lowered.  I'm just happy when the person writing the review has actually bought and received the product.  Writing a worthwhile review is a bonus.

@faeriemoon @Pecky

ITA....I just hate the reviews that state...."I just know I will love it when I receive it".....QVC even asks the question, have you received the product?   Reviews where the products havent been received shouldnt even be posted!!!1 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

@ruthbe I tend to agree with you... And it also rankles when reviewers go on about how much they like, or don't, the color they chose but never say what it is... The focus should be on the item, but folks are going to talk about what resonates with them, for better or worse... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...