Esteemed Contributor

? for Social@qvc

[ Edited ]

I am on a Mac laptop.

In the last version I could copy the URL of a QVC product shot and paste it into a post. In this version I had to drag the QVC product shot to my desktop and use your image loader, which was a drag but it worked.

You now have the mouse-over feature and I can no longer drag an image to my desktop.

Right click, cut and paste--those are not option on my Mac. My only opinion is to take a screenshot which is really not a solution.

What now? Help!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I am on a Mac laptop.

In the last version I could copy the URL of a QVC product shot and paste it into a post. In this version I had to drag the QVC product shot to my desktop and use your image loader, which was a drag but it worked.

You now have the mouse-over feature and I can no longer drag an image to my desktop.

Right click, cut and paste--those are not option on my Mac. 

What now? Help!

Not to worry @gardensla. The right click, cut and paste are no longer options on PC's either, given this latest change. It seems the most you can do is put an item in your cart or on your wishlist and then copy the small versions of the pictures. The ability to magnify defintely needed work. Too bad, though, this is what they came up with.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb

Well, I'm glad it's not just me.

How lame. We share product images constantly. Now what?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@stevieb

Well, I'm glad it's not just me.

How lame. We share product images constantly. Now what?

I know, it's been very frustrating and you know, it only helps them @gardensla for us to be able to post pictures of QVC items here on the boards. Copying and pasting, to this point, was just so quick and easy. I don't know if screen shots will work on PC's or not, but even assuming they do, I won't be using them. Too many steps, too labor intensive.

Honored Contributor

Not only is it more labor intensive, @stevieb, but the magnification has not improved.  You are now only limited to the immediate magnification that the mouseover provides.  You cannot zoom any closer.  I used to use the close-up zoom a lot.  Now it's hardly worthwhile.  So we lost magnification, and we've lost the ability to copy the image (especially if we want to copy the image in a color that isn't the "main" one).

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: ? for Social@qvc

[ Edited ]

I agree @GingerPeach. It's not an improvement. I didn't like the old system either, as the expanded image in a pop up sometimes seemed like it didn't want to open. Agree though, the current 'magnification' also doesn't seem to work even as a mouse over for all of the pictures of any given item, and the mouse over, even when it does magnify, isn't always very helpful. You have to wonder if they 'field test' these supposed 'improvements'.

Honored Contributor

Well, since we know their track record for "testing" is sometimes based on posters who have a lot of posts but no internet knowledge, then I'm not surprised at the "improvements" made to the magnification.  Sheesh!

Not that it was great before, but at least it had a couple of levels of zoom.  Now it's (I repeat!) just annoying.

Honored Contributor

On a Mac it's easy to paste a pic of those magnifying pictures.

You take a screen shot using these keys:

Command+Shift+4

Take the cross hairs & outline the pic.  When you release your mouse, the screen shot will be on your desktop.  VIOLA!!!

Sample:  A268622

Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at Mon, Oct 19, 2015-10.53.35 PM.png

Check out Apple's KB Article:  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Command+Shift+4

Take the cross hairs & outline the pic.  When you release your mouse, the screen shot will be on your desktop.  VIOLA!!!

@Mz iMac

On a PC you can still right click to copy (but ONLY on the picture BEFORE you get into the product info page)

Is that the case on the Mac also?  Or can you use that copy method you describe on the product page if you want to copy a photo of the model wearing a different color than the first one shown?

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

Command+Shift+4

@GingerPeach

@Mz iMac

Or can you use that copy method you describe on the product page if you want to copy a photo of the model wearing a different color than the first one shown?

YUP!

Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at Tue, Oct 20, 2015-2.38.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-20 at Tue, Oct 20, 2015-2.39.08 AM.png

Easy peesy on a Mac. Smiley Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif