Esteemed Contributor

font size on TV screen increased! hallelujah!

I just tuned in to the Rachael Ray presentation and noticed that the font size has been bumped up by one or possibly two points in the item number and title/description, and the difference is significant. Some of the details below or on the "secondary" descriptions in the sidebar can still be difficult to read, and there's still too much going on in that sidebar in general, but this is a definite improvement. Thanks for listening, QVC!

Trusted Contributor

Re: font size on TV screen increased! hallelujah!

Indeed, it’s easier to read! A lot more enjoyable and informative. Kudos to any Q producer who heard our pleas. 

Honored Contributor

It doesn't look any diffferent to me.  I still can't read it.   My TV has a rather small screen (I'm thrifty!  I'm waiting for it to die before I buy another.).  

I have to get up from the couch and turn on the computer if I'm interested in something being shown to see the price and other details.  In the end, it saves me money because more often than not, my size or  color has sold out before I got there!  Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

Yes, it’s a big improvement.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure the font size is "bigger" but just "fatter".  Either way, it is a little easier to read, but something is still "off" just can't put my finger on it yet.

Respected Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

Indeed, it’s easier to read! A lot more enjoyable and informative. Kudos to any Q producer who heard our pleas. 

Yes. Hee, the change appeared about 24 hours ago....about 7 pm on Thursday. It's still not great, but better than the skinny light font.

Contributor

I disagree. When I am sitting on the other side of the room, the new information boxes for the items are VERY unclear.  The color does not stand out and the font size is TOO SMALL.  I guess QVC has become like all the corporate companies.  New year, new changes.  Even changing things that worked fine, like PM Style with Amy Stran and Shawn with LOGO.  TERRIBLE.  But I must say, it is definitely saving me money since I am watching less and less.  I have read comments that agree with me on Instagram as far as PM Style.  People who make corporate decisions really do not care what the average person thinks.  They are going to do what they think is best no matter what.  Sometimes you find someone up there who will listen.  Good luck with that.

Esteemed Contributor

It looks the same to me.

And it looks the same on Q2 too. No improvement.

Can't read any of it without my glasses, and now have to sit up and move closer to the screen to make out prices and other details.

@ALRATIBA,  Both my kitchen and bedroom TVs 'died' and I picked up a little 19" TV to tide me over until I find suitable replacements. But I'm comparing the print on Q versus reading print on any other channel. It's clear Q's new font isn't just small, it seems 'compressed,' and harder to read.

Honored Contributor

@watchinginOrlando wrote:

I disagree. When I am sitting on the other side of the room, the new information boxes for the items are VERY unclear.  The color does not stand out and the font size is TOO SMALL.  I guess QVC has become like all the corporate companies.  New year, new changes.  Even changing things that worked fine, like PM Style with Amy Stran and Shawn with LOGO.  TERRIBLE.  But I must say, it is definitely saving me money since I am watching less and less.  I have read comments that agree with me on Instagram as far as PM Style.  People who make corporate decisions really do not care what the average person thinks.  They are going to do what they think is best no matter what.  Sometimes you find someone up there who will listen.  Good luck with that.

You forget that there are many people who welcome the change, they will never please everyone.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Hmmm, I don't see a lot of difference. Maybe. The thing that is the absolute hardest for me to read now is the item price. They really messed that up...maybe they don't want us to know. Ha!