Valued Contributor

Re: easy pay is ok I'd Rather Have Free Shipping

@SurferWife @Mary Bailey @Regal Bee @Pearlee @Daysdee 

ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Esteemed Contributor

I agree 100%. I never want anything on EasyPay. If you cannot afford the price of an item, you should not order it. Free shipping, on the other hand, can be an inducement to ordering something when you’re on the fence. If shipping is free, then it might be just enough to convince me to make a purchase.

Trusted Contributor

I sometimes use easy pay simply because if I need to return an item it takes so long to get a refund, and with easy pay they're only holding up a fraction of the total price. ... less of my money is out of my hands. If I'm happy with my purchase I can go ahead and pay off the easy pay.

So, it isn't always about not being able to afford a purchase but simply good financial sense. Still, free shipping is nice.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

Not a fan of easy pay. It's too easy for things to get out of control. I rarely buy, but when I do, I pay it off all at once and be done with it. I might buy something if offered free shipping.

Trusted Contributor

Amen !!

Honored Contributor

@divine 

I use easy pay the same way. 

But I’d still prefer better prices and free shipping.

All the advertising they do exclaiming have great EP is and talking about items costing only $9 or some other low price, giving the false first impression that it is the total cost is extremely annoying.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of dozen items in my wish list and check lunchtime specials almost every day.  What I want is the lower price of the item that was offered several weeks ago but now has risen by 10-20%.  Who raises prices on clearance items??  And free shipping--LOL!!--since I never use easy pay.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@divine wrote:

I sometimes use easy pay simply because if I need to return an item it takes so long to get a refund, and with easy pay they're only holding up a fraction of the total price. ... less of my money is out of my hands. If I'm happy with my purchase I can go ahead and pay off the easy pay.

So, it isn't always about not being able to afford a purchase but simply good financial sense. Still, free shipping is nice.

@divine 

Exactly, my thinking, too.

Trusted Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Mary Bailey   I agree.

I have several items I wish to order and just waiting for free shipping. I just can't bring myself to pay those charges. Makes me nuts. Smiley Frustrated

I agree as well.... I really have to weigh the end cost before making any purchases.  I know I always mention Macy’s on these forums...but just this weekend, I ordered 4 pair of shoes and two shirts...on different days...three separate orders.  My shipping was zero.  If I had to pay individual shipping on each item...somewhere else...👀....it probably would have added about 25 dollars to the total.  So yes....free shipping is a big bonus.  

Honored Contributor

Both easy pay and free S&H are incentives to buy, the Q should offer both instead of manipulating the price of the goods to make up for one or the other.