Respected Contributor

Re: do five easy pays help you

I found that easy pays are a good way for me to lull myself into thinking I can buy more, like on fashion days, and stopped using them. If an item has easy pay, that is the default for the fast checkout process, so there are times I forget that and then have to go back into my orders and pay the item in full. However, I have never been charged more for using easy pay. It's up to you to pay the card balance in full every month so finance charges don't accrue, which can add significantly to the purchase price with the high interest rates many cards have, including Q's.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's an either-or thing.  Some people need easy pays and I don't fault them for it.  Some like easy pay for more expensive things so they have a chance to check it out before paying for it.

Prices will continue to go up locally and online.  The US does not manufacture products like it used to.   Imports cost more, particularly with the new tariffs.  Knowing corporate greed, I doubt prices will go down when tariffs are removed.  

Valued Contributor

I love easy pay! Heart I am a full time working single mom (also a full time student) and it allows me to get items I otherwise wouldn't be able to.

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

I don’t use easy pay, ever, so no, it doesn’t help me at all. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I could see buying a high ticket item like a huge TV on easy pay (be nice to have e/p for cars and houses), but since I pay off my balance each month, what’s the point?

Easy pay gives the customer the chance to lay out less money before determining whether you want to keep an item @Shanus . If I decide to keep the item, then I immediately pay it off ahead of time. A bracelet I received was damaged on arrival. If I had laid out a lot of money, it would have been tied up for weeks because QVC takes weeks to give refunds. Works for me...

This is the reason I use it @Trinity11 .  There are many comments on the forums about refunds from the Q taking forever.  As you stated, you don't tie up your money in the event you have to return an item if it's on EP.

@San Antonio Gal  I rarely return items, but had an experience as you described a couple of years ago with a portable air conditioner. Unboxed it and the 3 prong plug was bent. Not something to play around with. We notified UPS immediatley and the driver (our regular driver is a gem Smiley Happy  came back and picked it up that day (whew !) as we had purchased on EP we only had to wait for a 2 digit amount to be returned to our bank account as opposed to a few hundred $s. 

Respected Contributor

Nope.  I don't like to carry a balance and I wouldn't make a "Major" purchase from a shopping channel.  Easy pay would be just a lot of "unfinished business" hanging over my head until I paid it off.

Respected Contributor

@newname0 To answer your question, NO. Rarely do I use it. Among many reasons, the time it takes to monitor these payments is not worth it. I subscribe to Dave Ramsey’s philosophy on credit.
Respected Contributor

I would probably use easy pay if I bought a high-ticket item like a computer to make sure I was happy with it without tying up the full price on a card. Like others have said, i'd rather be waiting for a 2-diget refund instead of a 3-diget one. However, I wonder if the full price is deducted from your available credit line or just the first installment...I should check that out.

Respected Contributor

I gave up my Qcard years ago.  But when I'm almost at the end of checking out there is an option there that allows me to change to pay the entire amount.  If they've set it up that you have to use easy pay with the Qcard, I'd add a regular CC and go that way.  I wonder when you go to pay your Qcard bill if you can pay the entire amount then.  HSN allows you to do that.  Best of luck

@Krimpette wrote:

@brandiwine Would you please tell me how to do so?  I just called C/S and she said that, since I use a Q card, it cannot be changed.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely love EASY PAY!✨

~~~All we need is love 💖