Honored Contributor

Re: do five easy pays help you

@fthunt My "gripe" is the easy pay i the "default".  I went to the next screen and changed it.  I'd like to change mine permantly to single pay.  Guess I'll check with C/S and see if that can be done.

Esteemed Contributor

No, easy pays do not help me or entice me to buy.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@newname0   If I find something I'd really like to try, I'll do ep. If I keep it, most of the time I'll pay off the ep early because I hate 4 or 5 hanging over my head to pay off.

Honored Contributor

Easy Pays help me when I'm buying a high price item like a laptop.  Rather than putting in  CC and paying interest, I can pay if off in 5 or 6 installments.  EP also helps me when I buy something and I am unfamiliar with the brand or not sure about the size or fit.  I can get it home without paying the full price.  Other than that, EP doesn't help or interest me.  I think for some people, EP can be slippery slope because it encourages them to buy things they can't really afford.  If they do it too often, they end up with huge monthly expense that break a budget.  Yes.  I know that from personal experience, back in my sahm days, I dug a hole for myself more than once.  I've never seen an EP that would result in paying more than the original price.  I don't see how that could happen because I've never seen any retailer charge a fee for using EP's.  There are always  reduced prices under Clearance.   

Respected Contributor

@newname0  I like finding things at savings, too, so I customarily comparison shop.  But I do like and use the Easy Pay here when it is offered--I get the "float" on my money, and have less initial outlay in case of (very rarely for me) the need to return something.  

I have no problems keeping track of my Easy Pay, either.  Can quickly check here in the "my orders" section if necessary.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I use easy pay and sometimes I don't.  I like having the option though and the fact that I can pay it off in full at any time.  I do agree that people may be buying more than they can afford because the amount  doesn't look so bad at the intiial purchase.

Respected Contributor

The  old saying comes to mind.... "Pay  me now or pay me later sooner or later you have to pay"  No . 

Super Contributor

If it were a high priced item the easy pay would help but I prefer to pay in full if possible.  Would prefer lower prices or free shipping.

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I never use easy pay and I hate that the new system defaults to easy pay.  Wish I could change my default method of payment to single pay.  The default on HSN is single pay.  Much better for me.

That can easily be changed.

Respected Contributor

If easy pay helps you that's great.  As for me if I can't afford the full price, I just wait until I can. That's just a better system for me.  I've found shopping outside of the Q is cheaper and I usually get a better product anyway.