Valued Contributor

I just ordered 2 of the same things,shipping from the same address,and shipping the same day...I was charged two shipping charges.I am very disappointed in QVC's decision to overcharge me.Yes I think it is an overcharge and I needed to say so! If you need more profit,charge more for the item,not get more money from your regular customers,by making them pay more shipping!

Esteemed Contributor

@mosky Unfortunately they discontinued their program where when you ordered the same item, shipped to the same address you received 1/2 off of your shipping on the 2nd item, NONE of us like their high shipping charges, however, it seems we can rant all we want they are not going to change.

Honored Contributor

@mosky  As @CareBears  states, it has been QVC's policy for quite some time now not to offer a discount on S&H charges when two items, even two of the same items, are going to the same address.  When it changed this policy, it lowered the S&H charges to send an item out.  $3.00 per clothing item did not used to be the S&H charge. So there is a trade-off there.  Also your shipping charge is not refunded when you regurn something unless the item was defective.

So your post is incorrect that QVC decided to overcharge you.   QVC was following its policies.  It's good to be sure of your facts before you make accusations - about anything or anyone.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@mosky  As @CareBears  states, it has been QVC's policy for quite some time now not to offer a discount on S&H charges when two items, even two of the same items, are going to the same address.  When it changed this policy, it lowered the S&H charges to send an item out.  $3.00 per clothing item did not used to be the S&H charge. So there is a trade-off there.  Also your shipping charge is not refunded when you regurn something unless the item was defective.

So your post is incorrect that QVC decided to overcharge you.   QVC was following its policies.  It's good to be sure of your facts before you make accusations - about anything or anyone.

Yes @Pearlee but they could have put it the same bag or box.  I don't blame her for being upset. 

Honored Contributor

Re: disappointed in QVC

[ Edited ]

@silver fox wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Yes @Pearlee but they could have put it the same bag or box.  I don't blame her for being upset. 

@Silver Fox1  I have orders (clothing) arrive in the same bag and I was still charged the two S&H fees.  QVC has clearly stated that there is no discount for ordering more than one item no matter how it is packaged so I have no reason to be upset.  If those are the terms, by ordering I'm agreeing to them!

Honored Contributor

They can't please everyone all the time.  When they went with the $3 shipping, they did away with the 1/2 off shipping for the same item/same address.  I buy a lot from Qvc, so I'm perfectly ok with the shipping charges the way they are now.  $3 for clothing, $5 for shoes; can't beat that.  But I admit the high shipping for handbags is part of the reason why I haven't bought a handbag from QVC in quite a while.  I see a bag I love and then I see $12 or $13 to ship....and I fall out of love.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree I agree, there have been a few items I have been interested in purchasing but when I took a look at the shipping charges that stopped me dead in my tracks, I googled the product, found it on another website, price very comparable to QVC and FREE shipping, saved me $18.47 and I received it in 2 days!

But, I have noticed that QVC has been offering more FREE shipping the last couple of weeks, can we hope that they are listening to us and may be turning a corner, one can only hope!

Honored Contributor

@silver fox wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@silver fox wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@silver fox wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Even if it's in the same box, it is $3.00 per item.  Also, many of the "kitchen" items are $5.50 for shipping even if they aren't particularly heavy.

Honored Contributor

I would prefer  free shipping rather than all the easy pay that they are constantly pushing.    I appreciate on HSN they offer a lot of free shipping especially when the vendor for the product is on that day or days.  Even if it isn't their special, they offer free shipping on many of that vendor's products. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mosky wrote:

I just ordered 2 of the same things,shipping from the same address,and shipping the same day...I was charged two shipping charges.I am very disappointed in QVC's decision to overcharge me.Yes I think it is an overcharge and I needed to say so! If you need more profit,charge more for the item,not get more money from your regular customers,by making them pay more shipping!

This post makes no sense.  You can see the shipping charges before you finalize your order.   I know exactly what I will pay when I place the order.   This has been their policy for awhile now. Check your charges before you place the order, and if you don't like it, don't order it.