Super Contributor

Re: dare to share beauty with Antonella

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

I Never watch any shows when Shawn K is hosting; too much prancing, “ODD behavior/comments, and zero knowledge. Give me more Jayne Brown, Dan Hughes, Leah Williams, Pat D., and a couple others. These hosts act normal and give intelligent and informative information. Embarrassed to admit that Dan Hughes can sell me practically anything. Smiley Happy

Yikes! The hosts you listed are automatic channel changers for me! I much prefer Shawn.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Occasional Contributor

It's sad to me that Antonella seems to often put herself down.  It may be her style of humor but it doesn't project a positive message for women.  It's important to see the beauty in yourself and others at any age.  How old do you have to be before you appreciate yourself and stop worrying about what other people think?  At 64 years old, I am thankful to still be here.  Many people aren't so fortunate.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  I know! What’s with all the hugging and kissing?! It’s progressed to the point of being over-the-top, and a turnoff for me. I like when when, on HSN, Callie Northagen greets a vendor...she just smiles at them, or maybe shakes their hand. Very professional and no hugs and smooches. She’s also very enjoyable as a host.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Regular Contributor

Yes, Antonella always seems to think she doesnt look the way she'd like to. But......when she took off the falsh lashes and the heavy liner, I thought she looked so pretty!! Anyone see it?

Occasional Contributor

I watched the two of them together on Friday night.  And I must say the two different personalites meshed.  This might just work...

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Antonella, one of my favorite hosts.  I feel she is genuine and that's refreshing to see on QVC.  And as we mature in age, confidence in oneself should be  part of who you are.

I hope she does not allow the younger hosts to intimidate her. And by the way, I like her hair, if that's what she likes, so be it.

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883  All the kissing and hugging is a pet peeve of mine.  So not appropriate, fake and a waste of time.  I also notice they don't do it on HSN.  David is overboard on kissing all the guests/vendors.  A kiss everytime they come back on to present something even if it is 2 or 3 times in one show.   Shawn, Alberti, and most hosts all overdo the kissing.  So unprofessional.

I enjoy Antonelle so much. She is smart, funny and very beautiful.  I only have one request - please let your hair go back to original color Antonelle.  Yur are much more lovely with dark hair than the very obvious faux blond.  Love you though !!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Antonella did a terrifc job with Tova & another lady when she was presenting Diamonique  on Wed 9/18.  She seemed very  dear .in her presentations.   

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Antonella did a terrifc job with Tova & another lady when she was presenting Diamonique  on Wed 9/18.  She seemed very  dear .in her presentations.   

-------------------

Antonella is at her best when presenting jewelry.  She obviously enjoys that topic and respects the vendors.  I also enjoy her with Angel on QF.  She is funny and has a good sense of humor. 

I do think she should stay away from food shows though....she does not come across that well as a food host.