Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@fancy pantsy What do you mean they flashed a list of customers' names?  On this board?  Real names?  

When did this happen?  Where?  

@Sooner it was at the end of the Jayne Brown show about an hour or so ago ... having to do with 'friends and family' and as a part of recognizing some long time shoppers, it was flashed up on the screen.  

I hope they never show my name. Permission is likely somewhere in the agreement to purchase or use the website but I think it's an invasion of privacy. 

Esteemed Contributor

I started watching when it was CVN.  I still have my original paper QVC membership card.  Back then, you had to have a membership number to place an order.  The first item I purchaced was a long, wide Italian silver snake chain necklace.  I still have it and wear it to this day.  A great purchase!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

My first purchase was a pair of Imperial Gold hoop earrings from CVN.  Mary Beth was showing them.  I think they were around $100.  I wore them on Easter this year.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Re: customer since ???

[ Edited ]

The use of names is part of the QVC Friends & Family Giveaway:

"Entry constitutes permission to use entrant's name, voice,  likeness, photographs, quotes or video footage in any medium, including but not limited to QVC TV and qvc.com for publicity purposes without further compensation or permission."

Don't enter the giveaway if you don't want your name used.  It's pretty standard for most contests and giveaways.

Valued Contributor

1990 for me. No, CVN was not QVC. They were two separate channels. 

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 A gold bracelet was my first of many purchases also. It was in the mid eighties. I still have that bracelet. I think it was all of $25 or something like that. Gold must've been cheap then.

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise So glad you recovered!! Hope you are well.Heart

Honored Contributor

my first order was JAN  1987--think CVS switched over to QVC at the end of 1986-----