Trusted Contributor

I went over to their Community and found under Talk Among Yourselves the following quip: 

• itzme5

• 5 days ago

It’s looking like QVC is nibbling away at HSN a little at a time. Vendors crossing over to the Q or leaving altogether is a sure sign HSN will fade away as we know it. In the meanwhile low prices and deals are becoming a thing of the past this could be the cause of loyal customers leaving to.

more of the same over there too.

Honored Contributor

Re: complaints the same at HSN

I've been going the opposite direction.  I watch HSN much more than QVC these days.  Not doing a lot of ordering from either right now, however.

Esteemed Contributor

I think one of them will go away or be renamed to QVC10. They are doing to many crossovers. I noticed this past weekend QVC had the Dynatrap bug zapper as a TSV and this coming weekend HSN has one. Why? All these shopping channels can’t possibly survive.

Respected Contributor

I don't mind so much the crossover of vendors/products but think the pricing/shipping charges should be the same on both channels for that item.

Honored Contributor

The one thing that HSN still has is fast in processing returns.  I can't believe how fast I get my refunds.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

HSN has better craft shows, better cooking shows, better shipping deals ($5 all day long on craft days sometimes), better delivery, better handling of returns, more robust website, etc, etc, etc.

Oh...and those occasional 20% off coupies!

Esteemed Contributor

I think HSN has been run so much more efficient than QVC over the years.   It's really too bad they are owned by the same company now.  As I've said before on here, competition was a good thing!   Now it's just more and more of the same old stuff with the crossovers.

I too, believe that in time they will be one channel and there will be way too many changes going onSmiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I said this awhile ago.

Flexpays on HSN aren't as prevalent and neither is free s/h.  You could almost always count of free s/h on the TS but not anymore.  Look at the Tony Little TS today.  $5.50 s/h for 2 pair of flip-flops.  The coupons certainly aren't flowing like they used to either.

I also noticed the sales are few and far between.  More and more I'm noticing sale prices of a couple of dollars off and not long ago, there were a lot of clothing items that had a sale price of 5 cents off.  Yes you read that right.  5 CENTS! 

I know I sound like a broken record but now that HSN and QVC have officially merged, I think HSN is going to be absorbed by QVC and be done.  There is no point in both stations.

Honored Contributor

I've always bought some items at HSN (Wolfgang, Korres, Perlier, etc.), but made a lot more purchases from QVC.  Lately, I seem to be buying more from HSN.

Respected Contributor

at least I actually LIKE the vendors and hosts at HSN; I cannot say the same for the Q