Honored Contributor

@matty liz wrote:

Been with QVC forever and really love the blogs best.  Some are funny, informative so useful.  It bafels me as to why some hosts can look or do no wrong while others are similar in behavior yet really judged in such mean ways.  In the evolution, MY OPINION is, the Q has gone the wrong way.  I would like to tune in to see items of interest and make the judgement of where to wear or what I can do with it also if the price is fair.  I want to see certain items for sale but do TURN OFF because of the presentor.  Not one host comes to mind to count on.  Yes even MB, L etc.  I wonder if their choice or promted.  Wish we could stop with the analizations and do what we do best, laugh, support , inform and understand.  Really love you guys.

@matty liz 

Wow ... your comments really surprise me.  Obviously you think QVC is supposed to entertain you and act like your best friends. 

Honestly, I really don't care who the host is .... it's a shopping channel, not a popularity contest for those employed by the network.  All I want is accurate and specific details about whatever product is being presented.

I DO NOT want to hear about their fitting into an XXS or their grandchildren or whatever.  Just present the darn products and tell us everything we would need to know to make an informed decision.

I don't consider any of the hosts my best friends.   They are sales people who should be very good at presenting the products offered.  That's it.  Period.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

There is one host I dislike so much that I will never order anything when he/she is broadcasting live.

If I order an item they presented later,  via the phone app, who gets credit for that sale?

What say the experts about this?

@Johnnyeager  good question. Also suppose another Host presented the same item the day before, who gets credit for the sale? The last Host who presented it even though you bought it via the phone app?

Super Contributor

Susan 345, I agree. Some hosts I just can't watch and I don't. That's just me. Doesn't matter what they are presenting, I just won't watch.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

There is one host I dislike so much that I will never order anything when he/she is broadcasting live.

If I order an item they presented later,  via the phone app, who gets credit for that sale?

@Johnnyeager 

I wish I could remember where and when I heard this ....  but I seem to recall that while the hosts aren't strictly on commission, they get annual bonuses based on sales volumes ...   what the expected sales are for the hour presentation, and then compared to how much in actual sales are made.     

So, the good thing is it's a sort of cumulative tabulation.  Every host will have shows that just totally bomb.   Every host has shows where there are lots of purchases ... and lots of returns!   

I think it was an article about shopping channels by a former host, no longer doing that.   If I think of any more about this, I'll come back and add to it.  

Valued Contributor

QVC reads and monitors comments because they always will remove the "unkind" remarks.  What they are not doing is forwarding the constance complaints of the same host to the correct QVC staff to take care of the issue.  It's simple...warn the host that customers are not interested in your trips....family...dancing careers or your age which has nothing to do with the product on air.  Take your personal stories and share on your on blog someone or facebook and let those who are interested in your personal life read and follow your life there not on QVC air time.  Simply give the host some professional training on speaking and control the hyper non-stop talking and jumping up and down like a teenage with a wine glass in your hand.  Explain the product in a professional voice.  I don 't feel that is too much to ask from QVC.

Respected Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

QVC reads and monitors comments because they always will remove the "unkind" remarks.  What they are not doing is forwarding the constance complaints of the same host to the correct QVC staff to take care of the issue.  It's simple...warn the host that customers are not interested in your trips....family...dancing careers or your age which has nothing to do with the product on air.  Take your personal stories and share on your on blog someone or facebook and let those who are interested in your personal life read and follow your life there not on QVC air time.  Simply give the host some professional training on speaking and control the hyper non-stop talking and jumping up and down like a teenage with a wine glass in your hand.  Explain the product in a professional voice.  I don 't feel that is too much to ask from QVC.

We get it. You don't like Jane.

Esteemed Contributor

@xryretriever wrote:

Susan 345, I agree. Some hosts I just can't watch and I don't. That's just me. Doesn't matter what they are presenting, I just won't watch.

I feel the same way.....it is an instant channel switch when i see the couple hosts i just can't watch......i was never like that over the years but in earlier years the hosts strictly sold the items..not themselves....

But i must admit....if i was in a B&M store and the salesperson was acting the way a couple of the hosts do and only concerned with themselves...i would walk away too

Honored Contributor

If there's a host with non-stop family stories presenting,  I will watch the show on mute.  I also mute when they have people calling in with testimonials.  

Honored Contributor

Just as IRL, there are some people we gravitate to and some we don't.

I won't buy anything from a salesperson I'm not crazy about in any other store, so that sometimes translates to online too.

The thing that gets me is the host frequently interrupting the vendor. A few nights ago a vendor had started to explain how to use her product. The host interrupted her and went on a tangent about her great aunt that had nothing to do with the product. That is not only rude, but it prevents us from learning about the product and could impact sales!   Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Johnnyeager  good question. Also suppose another Host presented the same item the day before, who gets credit for the sale? The last Host who presented it even though you bought it via the phone app?

Do they work on credit?