Valued Contributor

Been with QVC forever and really love the blogs best.  Some are funny, informative so useful.  It bafels me as to why some hosts can look or do no wrong while others are similar in behavior yet really judged in such mean ways.  In the evolution, MY OPINION is, the Q has gone the wrong way.  I would like to tune in to see items of interest and make the judgement of where to wear or what I can do with it also if the price is fair.  I want to see certain items for sale but do TURN OFF because of the presentor.  Not one host comes to mind to count on.  Yes even MB, L etc.  I wonder if their choice or promted.  Wish we could stop with the analizations and do what we do best, laugh, support , inform and understand.  Really love you guys.

Valued Contributor

@matty liz you are very generous. You should be very proud of yourself. God bless

Honored Contributor

@matty liz   QVC offers a wide vaiety of hosts -  pretty much always has and that's good because there are so many different opinions among us viewers.  I know my choices are different from many of the posts I have seen.

Honored Contributor

If I am interested in any item or want an item I dont care who is the host.  It could be the One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater for all I care.  

I do think people show to much interest in the hosts and some posts are bullying and nothing else, but they pull the trump card of....... Im entitled to my opinion, which is a cop out for bullying.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

There are some hosts that I like to watch, and there are only a few that I do not prefer.  I don't know anyone personally so I could be completely wrong about who is actually someone that I would like or not.   Contrary to the opinion already stated in this thread, I will absolutely not make a purchase if I do not care for the host.  I will wait until their shift is done and they are off the air.  Then I will check online to see if the item is still available.  There is nothing that I so badly need or want and will take the chance of a sellout.

Honored Contributor

Having an opinion unless carried to the extreme is not bullying.  

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

If I am interested in any item or want an item I dont care who is the host.  It could be the One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple People Eater for all I care.  

I do think people show to much interest in the hosts and some posts are bullying and nothing else, but they pull the trump card of....... Im entitled to my opinion, which is a cop out for bullying.

That was one of my favorite songs long ago.  You ARE your name.  Me too.  Thanks for that memory.

Frequent Contributor

@matty liz

If I don't like the host I don't watch.  Every once in awhile I will suffer thru a presentation because I am interested in the item.

Also, I must confess that I laugh when I see snarky comments about some hosts because I can't believe I am the only one who does't like how they behave or dress on a public platform.

That being said for every 10 people that dislike a certain host there are 10 who love them and will fiercely defend them no matter how badly they behave.    

p.s.  The same goes for the brand reps.  There are some of them that I just can't watch.

Esteemed Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

There are some hosts that I like to watch, and there are only a few that I do not prefer.  I don't know anyone personally so I could be completely wrong about who is actually someone that I would like or not.   Contrary to the opinion already stated in this thread, I will absolutely not make a purchase if I do not care for the host.  I will wait until their shift is done and they are off the air.  Then I will check online to see if the item is still available.  There is nothing that I so badly need or want and will take the chance of a sellout.

@PhilaLady1   Agree 100%   I am the same way........will not buy from a host I don't like.  If it sells out before I can order it online, after they are done, I guess I wasn't supposed to have it.

Esteemed Contributor

There is one host I dislike so much that I will never order anything when he/she is broadcasting live.

If I order an item they presented later,  via the phone app, who gets credit for that sale?

What say the experts about this?