Honored Contributor

Re: cancellations letter from QVC

I have not received the letter but would be irritated if I did, and would hope that I would quit buying from QVC.  The most that gets retuned is clothing....I ALWAYS check the click here measurements before buying, and sometimes it just does not work out....pants especially, which I have quit buying.

Super Contributor

I will probaly be getting one real soon.  I just returned 4 items and will keep returning until they stop misrepresenting items.

If and when I get that type of letter, I will stop shopping from QVC.

Regular Contributor

the reason for most of my returns is the sizing....bought 2 pr of pants different color, same size and both fit different..one was perfect the other too long and didn't fit right..same with tops...if the sizing was consistant for the vendors I would have no problem, as I stated most of what I return is because the sizing is off.

Honored Contributor

@nomar wrote:

I just thought of another thing. I thought there was some kind of law that you had the right to cancel within 3 days upon purchasing something. Maybe that is just certain ways of buying. Am I wrong in thinking there is a better business thing or something along that line. Maybe it is a service???

@nomar : I believe that applies to signing a contract to have a service done, then changing one's mind. It's called the FTC's 3 day cooling-off period.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I haven't been buying much lately, so I might not be up to date.  But my recollection is that the Q had made it very difficult to cancel...even within a short period of time.  Have they become more lenient time-wise?                                                                                                          No, less lenient now.  Almost impossible to cancel an order even if it is within an hour or two.

Super Contributor

If QVC gets mad at returns then that's in them. We have been catalog shopping as a society for years, long before malls. So ordering from them ain't any different than catalog shopping or other websites shopping. Thats the risk they take not being a b&m store.

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

If I ever receive that letter I will NEVER  shop here again!!!!!

They take toooo long to ship my items and that is the  reason I cancel!!!!

Who  needs QVC???? ................certainly NOT me!!!!!!!

Same here.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Sooner   The colors that were now magically available the next day are probably because a whole group of people cancelled their orders.  

So, QVC  lost out on sales of those items. But, maybe someone bought another color wasn't their first choice...now that their favorite color is back...by magic, that person either cancels their order to reorder their favorite color...or maybe they now will return their second choice and order their first choice if it was,already sent out.

confused?  Someone's cancellation could snowball into a whole lot of problems with inventory.

If QVC's shows and clothing doesn't fit and size aren't  consistant, why do you keep ordering?

I don't get it.

@Carmie  Well, I guess beause I am impulsive, can't make up my mind about anything, have zero self control and just order anything I see, am too stupid to order something without doing research to see it if really does what it says it does or that it is the real size they said it is, and just plain old stupid and dumb.

At least that's what I have learned from your post and a few others.  Thanks because now I know the source of all problems with QVC.  Me. 

Maybe I can serve as an example to all other confused buyers! 

Huh?  You pulled all of your observations out of the air.  Don't put it on me. I said none of that...

Honored Contributor

I am trying to figure it how this thread went off track.  

The OP is commenting on Cancelling items before they are sent out..not returning items.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

"(then found out the next day they were magically still available)"

Have seen that, as well.  I've heard hosts explain what happens when they say, "Don't hang up, we have one in stock for you."  When customers hear "sold out" some hang up and don't complete the order, but QVC counted that call as a purchase before the buyer hung up.  That might be one of the reasons we see sold out items in stock later.