Valued Contributor

Re: cancellations letter from QVC

@bibes I've had a few A-D cancellations which p'o-d me greatly.  I've so far just had one snarky CS agent tell me (for no good reason) that I've recently been given "quite a few credits for items purchased".  The gall....they were legit credits for QVC's failures, so I made a Complaint to her supervisor for the bad manner with which she talked to me.  I wouldn't be surprised if I get a similar letter one of these days!  Well -- CANCELLATION goes both ways, and what will QVC do about "too many cancellations or credits or returns etc".??? Ban us as a customer?

Are they Nuts?  They should be kissing our hands for our continued business and patience with their quasi-professional tactics.  Word gets around...and around.

(I used to think I was alone in my complaints about CS and now I'm relieved to read all these posts!) THANKS !!!!

Valued Contributor

@Spurt   Where did you read this about cancellations, returns, credits, etc?  I've never seen mentions on QVC's website about restrictions like that; after all, if the option is there, either in the Ordering Process or later on, aren't we free to use those options? If QVC is sending letters to selected customers because the customer is choosing one of the options made available by the Company then something is very wrong.  We have the mailing address of the QVC Headquarters so we need to start sending our own letters to ask for explanations.  I won't talk to the CS call centers anymore, it's like trying to communicate with the phone company.  Have things been flipping on us since the merger with HSN and several other corps?  This is a huge Mega-Conglomerate now and we're living in the past when QVC used to be heavily customer-oriented.

Valued Contributor

@nomar   These interstate e-commerce transactions have a whole new category of Laws to govern Buyers and Sellers. It goes way beyone BBB, which has no real enforcement power.  Companies need to disclose every Term and Condition of transactions with customers if they expect to stay on the right side of Commerce laws; and, Customers should be seeking out and reading ALL the fine print on the website, to be sure.  There's nothing like rampant & public Customer Complaints and Dissatisfaction to ultimately diminish a company's bottom line.  

Valued Contributor

@Pook  WRONG!  It IS QVC's problem which stems from its corporate legal responsibility to fully inform and disclose its Terms and Conditions of entering into transactions with their company.  This is BUSINESS not a neighborhood tag sale.  If a business is concealing important conditions from customers, they are liable for making corrections and informing ALL customers, actual and potential, of Revised Terms and Conditions.  

Consumers have many laws in place to protect us from unethical businesses.  Most powerful tools we have are information and sharing our experiences. Word Travels.

Valued Contributor

@BirkiLady   Where did you find this information, please?

Valued Contributor

@ScarletDove  I couldn't agree with you more! Plus, after I've said my piece I later find your words which are even stronger than mine. (We should talk amongst ourselves....)

Honored Contributor

@BSurLife65  Believe what you want to justify out of control ordering BUT...any business has the right to discontinue business with anyone for cancelling or returning too much.  They send the warning letters and then if it continues they can most certainly ban that person from purchasing.  B & M stores do it for too many returns.  I know even Walmart has people that they will not return items from due to too many!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BSurLife65 wrote:

@Spurt   Where did you read this about cancellations, returns, credits, etc?  I've never seen mentions on QVC's website about restrictions like that; after all, if the option is there, either in the Ordering Process or later on, aren't we free to use those options? If QVC is sending letters to selected customers because the customer is choosing one of the options made available by the Company then something is very wrong.  We have the mailing address of the QVC Headquarters so we need to start sending our own letters to ask for explanations.  I won't talk to the CS call centers anymore, it's like trying to communicate with the phone company.  Have things been flipping on us since the merger with HSN and several other corps?  This is a huge Mega-Conglomerate now and we're living in the past when QVC used to be heavily customer-oriented.

@BSurLife65 

This has been going on forever, you can google it and find complaints going back 10 years ago---2009

If you really want to know you will have to contact QVC yourself by letter, email, or phone to discuss the issue directly with them---only QVC has the answers.

Back in 2014 Customer Service said if your return/canceled 66% or more of your purchased items in a certain time period you may have your account suspended.

This is also what someone else posted on ‎04-02-2011 07:04 PM

Warning Letter from QVC Senior VP, Dan McDermott said:

"I recently reviewed your account and noticed that your returns activity is unusually high. About 98% of our customers return less than 40% of their total purchases each year. By contrast, between December and November you returned 43% of your total purchases.

At QVC, we want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase. That's why we offer a 30-day return policy. However, with that said, I need to request again that you please consider your purchases more carefully to reduce your number of returns. Tips for making better purchasing decisions:

View the on-air presentations or online videos

Read Customer Reviews and Ratings on QVC.com

Refer to sizing charts."

Then if your return rate reaches 50%or more it's escalated and you could receive this letter--

Dear Qvc Customer,

This letter is in response to the problems occurring on your Q membership. At this time QVC has sustained a financial loss.

Therefore, QVC cannot ship any additional orders to you.

Consequently, your Q membership has been temporarily closed while our management team considers your account for permanent closure. Unfortunately, there is no specific time frame allotted for the completion of this review. QVC will notify you as to the decision.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely

Joan Larson

QVC Customer Finance

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry but if you cancel over 60% of the orders you make or return the same amount, a retailer has the right to limit you.  That is why many times when you return to a B&M store, your drivers license or other identification is used.  Whether you believe it or not YOU are costing that company money.  Returns cost them money along with you.  Submitting an order, then cancelling costs a retailer money.  All of those costs are passed on to YOU the consumer.

I hear all the time about clothing returns and I just don't understand.  First of all if I ordered more than one product from a line and found the sizing off, I probably wouldn't keep ordering.  When it comes to shoes, I know that I have a difficult time finding shoes that fit as a result I rarely purchase shoes online.  I need to know they will fit first.  When it comes to QVC clothing, I know what size I need to order and it isn't what the size chart says.  All of this helps me reduce needless cancellation and returns.

Esteemed Contributor

to bad QVC can't up their shipping time like they do with the time you have to cancel...................

BTW...............

I just do not understand the people that stick up so forcefully, for a company that has such bad business practices  with  customers as QVC has........ is it the only place these people can shop  or what ?????