Honored Contributor

Re: cancellations letter from QVC

[ Edited ]

@mimomof4 wrote:

I'm sorry but if you cancel over 60% of the orders you make or return the same amount, a retailer has the right to limit you.  That is why many times when you return to a B&M store, your drivers license or other identification is used.  Whether you believe it or not YOU are costing that company money.  Returns cost them money along with you.  Submitting an order, then cancelling costs a retailer money.  All of those costs are passed on to YOU the consumer.

I hear all the time about clothing returns and I just don't understand.  First of all if I ordered more than one product from a line and found the sizing off, I probably wouldn't keep ordering.  When it comes to shoes, I know that I have a difficult time finding shoes that fit as a result I rarely purchase shoes online.  I need to know they will fit first.  When it comes to QVC clothing, I know what size I need to order and it isn't what the size chart says.  All of this helps me reduce needless cancellation and returns.

@mimomof4 

I totally agree with everything you said....

And I think the reason QVC customers lose their original shipping when a purchase is returned because of the high volume of returns QVC gets back (But QVC does return postage for defective merchandise)  

It is difficult to purchase clothes and shoes when sizing is inconsistent....it's the old, Buyer Beware!....and customers must claim responsibility.....to quote another old cliche...fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.....Then there's impulsive buyers too that cause returns......On cancelations while true if you can catch it from being shipped postage is saved, but it still causes an employee to find and pull the order to prevent it from being shipped and process the cancelation.....

BUT I do think there should be some disclosure by QVC somewhere because customers continue to be shocked by these letters ...and hosts claims should state may be subject to terms/conditions.....and post a disclaimer on the website

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would find another online site to buy items from. 60% return rate is to high.

New Contributor

Yes, got that letter a few years ago.  Often wonder how they can send that after hosts continually say if you don't love it return it! They don't really mean that. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

To everyone who has been wondering about how they can do anything;  you already agreed to it.  It's in The General Terms of Use disclosure.  It gives them they right to alter anything if you make use of one of their services, such as making a purchase, ordering  via app, calling, accessing the website, etc.

Specifically,  "QVC shall also have the right without notice and at any time to terminate some or all of the QVC Services or any feature or portion thereof, or any products or services offered through them, or to terminate any individual's right to access or use of the QVC Services or any feature or portion thereof."

Who reads that?  Absolutely no one.

Don't like it?  QVC offers this advice:  "If you do not want to be bound by these Terms or policies, do not use the QVC Services."

Got it?  Good.

Class over.

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

To everyone who has been wondering about how they can do anything;  you already agreed to it.  It's in The General Terms of Use disclosure.  It gives them they right to alter anything if you make use of one of their services, such as making a purchase, ordering  via app, calling, accessing the website, etc.

Specifically,  "QVC shall also have the right without notice and at any time to terminate some or all of the QVC Services or any feature or portion thereof, or any products or services offered through them, or to terminate any individual's right to access or use of the QVC Services or any feature or portion thereof."

Don't like it?  QVC offers this advice:  "If you do not want to be bound by these Terms or policies, do not use the QVC Services."

Got it?  Good.

Class over.

@Johnnyeager It also speaks volumes about the character and integrity of the company or lack thereof. 

Trusted Contributor

i rarely order from here anymore... i been ordering alot from amazon...

Respected Contributor

I'm trying to understand why it would get to the point of Q having to send a letter to you before you realized that you and the Q were not a good fit.  It happens. Lots of places to shop, so no biggie.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ketra wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Got it?  Good.

Class over.

@Johnnyeager It also speaks volumes about the character and integrity of the company or lack thereof. 

I'll wager that every retailer operating a website has a posted Terms of Use policy similar to, if not exactly like this one.

New Contributor

I haven't received one yet but I do return and cancel a lot, but I also keep a lot too.  I have spent a small fortune with QVC in the last 20 years and if they do send me one, I am completely done buying from them.  As a consumer, I feel I have every right to cancel if I find the reviews are lousy and believe me, I do it within 5 minutes after I order and had ttime to read the reviews because they will say they are processing the order which is clearly not true when sometimes, it takes 7 days from the time I order something to actually ship.  They do this just to prevent you from cancelling.  The quality of their items has really gone down over the years and that is the reason I send back.  If I don't think the quality matches the item, it goes back every time.  They need more competition besides HSN and Evine, they are not the best anymore.

Honored Contributor

I'm not going to read the thread, but no one makes money on returns.