Esteemed Contributor

Re: cancellations letter from QVC

I seldom cancel items but agree that sometimes like the Christmas  and jewelry shows I like to check reviews and they could allow a few hours.

I never return clothing items unless they are very poor sizing. I should have returned the Dennis Basso coat I just got on sale but he makes sleeves that can be turned up. Great coat but not sure how the sleeves will do. Two others a bit too heavy and large are not worn. I hated to return them and didn’t. Should have!

I just took bags of unworn clothes to the needy because of sizing or hems. They were hanging in the closet waiting to be fixed.

I am not doing that any more. I’m buying clothes locally that I can try on.

I return damaged or defective items more than years ago. It has been terrible returning heavy items or waiting for them to be picked up.

l’ve returned incorrect orders lately. 

I hope I don’t get a letter because of those returns!

Valued Contributor

With all of this discussion about cancellations, I looked at my status of orders. I have a couple cancellations because I had to cancel and reorder. The computer would NOT let me edit my order and I wanted to increase my quanity of the items ordered. In order to do that I had to cancel and reorder. But, I do have some other cancellations for other reasons discussed  here. My total orders should definitly offset any inconveninces QVC feels has been done by cancellations. If not, then they do not want my business. I spend way too much here and when the spring clothing shows slow down, I will slow down. And those awful Playtex bras came today and are going back. Had I been able to cancel, they would not have to deal with these. But, I refuse to keep something that is incorrect in the sizing according to their charts and something that is like the reviews said...pointy and torpedo cups. The 1940's calendar girl look. 

Honored Contributor

@nomar wrote:

I just thought of another thing. I thought there was some kind of law that you had the right to cancel within 3 days upon purchasing something. Maybe that is just certain ways of buying. Am I wrong in thinking there is a better business thing or something along that line. Maybe it is a service???

@nomar.  That 3 day law is for contracts you sign to buy something, like from a door-to-door salesman, not for outright sales like from internet or TV or a store.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Are we talking about cancellations or returns? Cancellations I can see being a problem;  if too many people cancel it limits QVC's ability to sell to others who want the item.

But returns are our legal right.

Honored Contributor

I received one of those letters 15 or so years ago.  I threw it in the recycle bin.

Honored Contributor

@Annie57 wrote:

Are we talking about cancellations or returns? Cancellations I can see being a problem;  if too many people cancel it limits QVC's ability to sell to others who want the item.

But returns are our legal right.

Returns are not a legal right!  There are many places where they have a no return policy!!

Valued Contributor

Don't admonish people for not going to the store, some people are disabled or taking care of sick love ones, geez

Respected Contributor

I think if I received a cancellation letter from them, I would call and give them a piece of my mind! Cancellation letter my - - - !

People change their mind .... oh excuse us QVC for doing so.

Hmmm, let’s see now ... never had I had a problem walking around a department store with a handful of items and walking out with one item or absolutely nothing. 

Hmmm, and I can’t count how many times I have returned things to the same  store, no problem. But, yet they have the nerve to have a form letter for that also.

Online shopping - buying items because it looks fine on the tv or computer screen ...

Well sorry QVC, that is not the same as actually seeing and touching it now is it? And sizing - let us not forget that ... so ridiculously inconsistent ... but we should keep the clothing why?, just because they hate returns? I do think they have one heck of a nerve with these letters. Any decent business should  have good business practice and bend over backwards to please customers and not intimidate them with unwarranted letters!!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Sooner   The colors that were now magically available the next day are probably because a whole group of people cancelled their orders.  

So, QVC  lost out on sales of those items. But, maybe someone bought another color wasn't their first choice...now that their favorite color is back...by magic, that person either cancels their order to reorder their favorite color...or maybe they now will return their second choice and order their first choice if it was,already sent out.

confused?  Someone's cancellation could snowball into a whole lot of problems with inventory.

If QVC's shows and clothing doesn't fit and size aren't  consistant, why do you keep ordering?

I don't get it.

@Carmie  Well, I guess beause I am impulsive, can't make up my mind about anything, have zero self control and just order anything I see, am too stupid to order something without doing research to see it if really does what it says it does or that it is the real size they said it is, and just plain old stupid and dumb.

At least that's what I have learned from your post and a few others.  Thanks because now I know the source of all problems with QVC.  Me. 

Maybe I can serve as an example to all other confused buyers! 

Huh?  You pulled all of your observations out of the air.  Don't put it on me. I said none of that...

@Carmie  I started out answering your question which pretty much said to me that I was stupid because I kept ordering things I then had to send back.  

Through this whole discussion a lot of people have implied or just flat out said that people are stupid for cancelling orders or are indecisive, or not good at decision making.

I am sort of tired of hearing that when people are frustrated because Q keeps imploring us to do this or that and not implying that we will be punished for it.  So you get lulled into something. . . Just give us some numbers to go by, give us some rules.

I have no idea whether I'm cancelling too many things or not, or returning too much.  I have no numbers to go by.  I haven't gotten the "letter" but how am I to know if I will?

So I am frustrated with QVC and with people seemingly chastising fellow posters for something when people have no guidelines for behavior. 

@Carmie  So sorry I laid all this on you! My apologies. 

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@bibes  QVC has been keeping track of cancelations and returns for years. Letters have been sent if too many of either occur. It's not a recent policy at all. Make your decisions wisely; read the reviews (if they can be believed). It's apparently a long-standing company policy. 

Yes, they do.  But my point has been it's not fair to the consumers unless you give them a percentage of cancellations or returns so they will have some idea of what is considered too many.

So you buy 18 things.  How many could you return. If you had an idea then you would stop taking a chance on those shoes fitting or those sheets matching the bedroom and not order them.  

If you have no idea you are near a limit you order and get "the letter."  That is like having no speed limits posted and ticketing folks for speeding.