Esteemed Contributor

backups on products

[ Edited ]

I think the reason for these slow deliveries and back ups are probably  because most of  QVC's stock is made in China and there are no shipments comming from China for a while.  jmo

p.s.   I just realized this this morning from something I heard on the news. QVC  can and should hire more people if they have so many out sick that it holds everything up so long that many of us just give up shopping here. But they cannot get the stock in and thats what is holding things up so very long.....again, jimo

Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I think the reason for these slow deliveries and back ups are probably  because most of  QVC's stock is made in China and there are no shipments comming from China for a while.  jmo

@MalteseMomma Good morning!  I'll bet you're right.  I honestly didn't even think of that.  I thought it was probably just delivery issues, but what you're saying makes sense.  I'm waiting for 5 things.  One item that I ordered back on May 11 was supposed to be delivered on th 15th.  I received two different notices after the 15th extending the delivery date. Then QVC surprised me with an email saying they were crediting my account $10 for the delay.  I thought that was pretty nice.  At least I'm not the only one waiting.  Enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

Could be, however after speaking with one of the reps regarding a return, she told me that they are getting a LOT of food orders, plus I'm sure they have people who are out sick or caring for children both in customer service and warehousing.  QVC is probably generally busier then usual due to an increase in orders coming in since most are at home, and aren't able to get out to shop.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Most of all stock in any store is from China.  

There is a post somewhere on here that states the upper management at QVC is taking the optimum caution with its warehouse employees, in otherwords SAFETY over fast.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Maybe QVC should state the fact that a product may take up to (let’s say) 3 weeks to be delivered. If QVC was honest about their delivery time people would not get so distressed about not  receiving products within 14 days.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMommaCould be -   I know one of my neighbors waited just over a month for an Amazon delivery because the product was stuck in China.

But I also know a product she and I both ordered from Amazon arrived in 24 hours -  also made in China.  Go figure.

Honored Contributor

Re: backups on products

[ Edited ]

@Janey2 wrote:

Maybe QVC should state the fact that a product may take up to (let’s say) 3 weeks to be delivered. If QVC was honest about their delivery time people would not get so distressed about not  receiving products within 14 days.

They have and do state delivery delays.  It has been all over the website since this started.  It is now on every single item page.

They can't really put a guaranteed delivery date on it, because if not met, everyone would have a cow. 

Besides, all delays are not just their responsiblity/fault  USPS, FedEx and UPS all have new strict guidlines that are slowing things down.

This is unprecendented.  All companies including the mighty Amazon and Walmart are having shipping delays.

I doubt anything QVC sells, including the food, is vital to ANYONE'S daily existance and survival.  I have ordered some clothes that I certainly can survive without.

If you can't wait and be patient, I wouldn't order.  Seriously, where am I going to wear that blouse....around the house?  in my backyard?  No one should stress over not receiving an item from QVC in 14 days.  Why upset myself?

None of us are without so unreasonable and repetitive complaining and threats does nothing to help this uncharted position all people and companies find themselves in.

Esteemed Contributor

A BBF of mine works for a company that leases out those retired shipping containers, and boy her stories.  Shipping is massively impacted.  From all countries.  We need to be more patient for a while.

Honored Contributor

I think you are right @MalteseMomma.  China's manufacturing was closed for some weeks, so many U.S. orders would be delayed or even cancelled.

I noticed QVC is beginning to use India that had problems, too.  

Honored Contributor

Most of QVCs clothing is not necessarily made in China.  All the Denim & Co. I've received recently has been made in other countries.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment