Honored Contributor

I just saw a commercial saying that Zulilly will price match with WalMart and Amazon, if you find their item there for less.

Thought Zulilly shoppers may want to know.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

This should be interesting.

Why buy something at Zulily when it takes a month to get it?  If Walmart has the lowest price, have it shipped next day free shipping or go to the store to pick it up.  Won't even have to go inside.

I noticed Zulily is putting Walmart's price on the product page.  Walmart has been price matching for a long time.  Take a copy of the product page to Walmart to get Zulily's lower price.  Or call Walmart and order it online.  CS agents can look up Zulily's price and place the order for you.

I suspect some of the higher Walmart and Amazon prices on Zulily are third party sellers.  Believe it or not, Amazon makes more money from those sellers.  Walmart makes more from their own sales.

I think both behemoths will view Zulily as a pesky irritant, not a major threat.  Walmart may even let Zulily get away with it because it doesn't want to be seen as putting other retailers out of business.   

Honored Contributor

This started a couple months ago.  Zulily posts the Amazon or Wal-Mart price or the price of a similar item on the product page.  I spot checked an item at Wal-Mart and it was similar, but had $21 shipping.  I just stay away from those items.  I tend to look for brands that I know the price or unique items.  I don't buy at Zulily without doing some quick research.

Respected Contributor

I noticed this with an item that I was interested in purchasing from Zulily. They showed the Amazon price as a comparison. The Zulily price was $0.02 cheaper, but that didn't include shipping, or factor in the intangible cost of waiting 3 weeks for the item. I ordered it from Amazon, got free shipping with my Prime membership and had it 2 days later. In this particular case, they didn't do themselves any favors by letting me know that I could get the item from Amazon. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Zulilly Price Matches

[ Edited ]

I recently received a notification of an item back in stock on my Zulily wish list (one of three items there, as I have actually only shopped at Zulily twice) and saw a banner about the price matching. When I checked Amazon, where the item is also on my wish list, it was also now available but for $25 more than at Zulily—a significant difference even with shipping being considered. I ultimately decided to keep waiting rather than make a purchase, but it was interesting to do the comparison.