Honored Contributor

Yuk...received used/returned piece of Temptations😖😖

Anything I have returned has been returned just as I have received it no matter what the item was.  If there was a defect I have called cs and clearly mark defective on return slip & outside of box.

I ordered Temptations tart pan I opened it today.  It has crumbs from a crust in it and is "sticky" -- it was a obvious return.

Gee couldn't the returner at least wash it🙄.

Of course, I'll run it thru dishwasher BUT Q needs to do some quality control.  The box was taped a lot more than other boxes which makes me think  it was definitely a return.  

I thought "returns" only were sold as "As Is" at discounted price.

Q where are the QA people?  I realize it's a dish but many years ago I received opened/used  IT compact -- which was returned & replaced!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Yuk...received used/returned piece of Temptations😖😖

I would not have accepted that.  I would have called them immediately and reported it, used their return label, and that would be the end of ordering from QVC.  In all the 30+ years I've been shopping with them, I've never received a used item; however, if I did that would have been the end for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't think returns are automatically sold "as is".  I always thought when you went on "wait list" for an item you were waiting for a return.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well, that's pretty yuck.  By rights, you got shortchanged.  I guess I can see how the mistake was made, but that doesn't make it OK.

On another note:  how do you like the tart pan, @homedecor1?  What color did you get?

I know I have enjoyed getting new Temp-tations dishes.  I would be sorely let down by this incident!  I recently ordered a number of clearance items from the TT website; an item was missing.  It turned out it was shipped separately and did come to me.  Their CS was outstanding during the process.

Have you reached out to QVC?

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  Return & replace - QVC doesn ot do this, they never have at least to my knowledge of returning briken, used, dirty items regardless of what it is.

I once received a sweater with pockets, yes it had been worn, enjoyed through the cold/winter then the 'owner' chose to return it. It turned into an 'as is' item. I bought it. I got a bonus - a used kleenex in one of the pockets. Yes indeed this is how QVC re-sent out this used item and I was the lucky one to get it. DId I report it? Yes I did. DId QVC offer to send me a NEW one? No they did not.

So return & replace - NO.  This does n ot happen any more than all returns turning into 'as is' items.

Since there is a waitlist category, returns are how they fill waitlist orders. How else do you think this happens?  It's just like B&M, the returns go back on the rack AND not always do they show up on the sale rack.

Honored Contributor

I have received returned cosmetic items in the past so I now write used on the packaging of the item I am returning so it can’t be sent to someone else.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1You should have returned it IMMEDIATELY.  You were sold an item that you had reason to believe was brand new.  It's not your responsiblity to clean a used item you received as new.  You might also have sent a letter to QVC Customer Service telling them what happened.  Under no circumstances should you have kept the item unless you were willing to accept it at an "as is" price and with the understanding that it had been previously used.

Esteemed Contributor

Over the years I’ve received used clothing items, makeup, shoes, & a handbag as new.Each time I called c.s. & returned as defective.I will not keep something that was used if it was sold as new!!

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia

No I did not reach out to CS as honestly a run thru the dishwasher was fine.  If it was clothing, cosmetics or a item that could cause a "ill effect" on me then I would.  That's just me!

I haven't made anything in it as yet & frankly, I don't know why I bought it must have been the beautiful tart in the presentation "called me"🙄.  I will someday!  It is a pretty piece & love I can use the "lid it" for a nice cheese tray 🙂

QVC Customer Care

@homedecor1

Sent you an email!

Beth QVC