Honored Contributor

When you check the reviews posted are you more or less likely to purchase?  I think the reviews make me "think twice" and usually then I do not order. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Your Opinion of the Reviews

I read them, but they often don't influence my decision.

Honored Contributor

If the review is specific to size and quality, I do pay attention.

I look for patterns in multiple reviews.

But a review is only one person's opinion.

Sometimes I take comments with a grain of salt

@Daysdee wrote:

When you check the reviews posted are you more or less likely to purchase?  I think the reviews make me "think twice" and usually then I do not order. 

Respected Contributor

I appreciate the reviews.  They definitely influence my decision on whether to buy or not.  

Trusted Contributor

I read the reviews to find comments about quality, true to size, etc.  It is extremely helpful when the review gives me the person's height and size purchased.   My XL will not look the same on my 5'4" body as is does on a 5'9" model wearing the same size.  I have no idea why they add 3-4" in length to an already long tunic in the plus sizes.  The average woman is 5'4" and wears a 16.  She does not need extra length in tops or pants.  And no we can not buy petite pants.  The rise is shorter than that of a regular.  

Honored Contributor

Let's say I'm looking at a pair of shoes, and several reviews say they are not fitting true to size. That is an immediate no for me. Returning is a pain and it's expensive.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I appreciate the reviews on sizing, very helpful. And also when someone says the garment shrinks a lot after washing. These are things that influence my decision. 

Regular Contributor

@Daysdee

I would not buy anything online (that I had no prior experience with beforehand) UNLESS I could find reviews on it. I don't want to waste my time ordering, and then having to return an item. 

I do, however, look for reviews that are in the middle ratings (4 to 2 stars), first. Then, I go back and read the 5 star and 1 star comments.  I also am suspect if I see ALL 5 star reviews only for a product (a huge problem lately on amazon, ugh!). I mean, 1000 5 star reviews? Really? I highly doubt it. I have become cynical. lol

I think product reviews are extremely helpful, but sadly there are too many paid reviews ruining the credibility of many sites.  Even on QVC, after reading either a 5 star or a 1 star review, I usually click on the profile to see how many other products the reviewer has posted. If that is the ONLY review they have made, I become a bit leary. If I feel I cannot trust a review site, I will go to a forum and ask members for their opinions on the item. I have had great luck that way on various beauty product sites.

Trusted Contributor

I read reviews for everything I buy, & look for recurring comments referring to sizing, quality, etc.  But when it comes to sizing, I rely more on the garment measurements than I do on what reviewers say, since it's so subjective (what one person's idea of "big"/"small" may not be mine!). 

Honored Contributor

Some people write very good reviews, putting a lot of thought into them and including information a potential purchaser would want to know.  Others have poor communication/writing skills and their reviews are worthless.  Weed out the bad ones and read the good ones. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment